Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving the other day and was just starting from a stop and every time I would shift and start to accelerate there would be a popping noise. The truck is a 2005 4x4 with the g56. Anyone else have a similar issue?

·
Trying to learn
6,219 Posts
Haven't heard of t-case popping in 2-wd, plenty of 4x4 with stretched chain making the popping.

Reactions: rghavana

·
Registered
664 Posts
Suspension or U joint binding under load?Try checking for wear/worn items,loose hardware.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I had a similar problem on my truck. It would make this really odd clicking sound and some times would popped Very loud but only in 4wd . It progressed and started to act up even out of 4wd . It was both of my axle u-joints .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
That u joints just a hair bad 🤪

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also noticed when I drive and accelerate the 4wd level really moves a lot is that normal or not?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I also noticed when I drive and accelerate the 4wd level really moves a lot is that normal or not?
Not sure on that one , I have the Electric switching t- case

That’s the sound my u-joints made. The other chattering sound is my noisy torque converter.

That’s what and u-joint on the drive shaft sounds like when it starts to go bad. The sound also changed if you had a load in the bed . Guess it changed the angle of the shaft .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts