Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a new instrument cluster but all the mopar parts houses are saying it's no longer available as a new oem part and is only avaiable has a remanufactered part from electronics repair shops. Can anyone confirm that with a recent search of their own. I know a year ago when i first started having problems i could of got a new one for 560 bucks from dealer but passed on it, looks like im a day late and a dollar short now....

·
Biggen
131 Posts
I found the same thing when I was looking for some rear caliper bolts for my 05. The dealership told me they were discontinued.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
I found someone that could repair mine.Resoldered all the joints.

Reactions: warner5150

·
Registered
283 Posts
all the re=manufacter's have told me the 2005 is not repairable, who did yours.
A guy here in the Kansas City area,I will have to find the receipt to get his name.
But he did say that if he could not fix it he had a place to send it to but it was expensive.
What is wrong with yours?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A guy here in the Kansas City area,I will have to find the receipt to get his name.
But he did say that if he could not fix it he had a place to send it to but it was expensive.
What is wrong with yours?
the long gray connector(C3) pin#26 gray/red wire is using 1.8 amps when truck is off and parked causing battery to go dead, other than that everything to do with cluster is perfectly fine.all the remanufacter's say its a bad processor or driver and can't be repaired on the 2004-5's.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I need to have the LED's fixed on my 05... the other day they just went dead driving down the road plus it's almost time for renewing my registration... and I'll have to get a smoke test done first! without the odometer I seriously doubt that I'll be able to, so anyone know of where I can get it fixed? the gauges all work fine, it's just the LED's (idiot lights)

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Is it me or are your battery volts looking low? Also, it really seems like everything on our trucks have been discontinued. I feel like I own some exotic antique car where I have to search the country for some of these parts, geez.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I’ve got a couple posts regarding cluster issues... I ended finding a replacement through “all dodge truck” with the exact miles my truck had. The down side is not being able to reprogram like you would an oem replacement one if you can’t find the right mileage. Just so you know there are different manufactures of the circuit boards used in these trucks.. sometimes you can resolder(go read the posts I have) and sometimes they’re fried which happened to be my case.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
I need to have the LED's fixed on my 05... the other day they just went dead driving down the road plus it's almost time for renewing my registration... and I'll have to get a smoke test done first! without the odometer I seriously doubt that I'll be able to, so anyone know of where I can get it fixed? the gauges all work fine, it's just the LED's (idiot lights)
Those are not leds, they are vacuum fluorescent tubes for odometer/gearshift, need to first check voltage/grounds on your truck/cluster if your voltage gauge is that low should be 13.0+ running.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.