Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
Need some advise ASAP. Want to order tires early next week.

I have 2005, 2500 SLT, Short box with new ARB Deluxe Bull Bar and 1200lb Warn Winch (extra 300lbs approx). I ordered 2`leveling kit which should be here next week. I am tiring to figure out the the biggest tire size I can go with.
Got my heart set on trying the BFG Mud Terrain TA KM2 but having trouble decieding between 305 70 17 or can I go as big as 35X12.5 17 without rubbing.

Am I going to have to worry about extra front end weight or should the leveling kit take care of that. I order Rev-Tex 2 inch kit.

Any advise or experiences would be helpful
YukonHunter:banghead:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IDEA's....maybe safer with 285's"?? Eh?

Oh I need to get rims too so I would consider 8.5'' wide if that would get me into a taller tire.

YukonHunter:yourock:

·
Second Most Important Member
1,760 Posts
im running 305/65/17 with no issues, but ive seen guys run 35 and 37 tires with the mods your describing with only lock to lock or full turn rubbing and minimal at the worst

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your post. I don't like any rubbing, I will look into it.
YukonHunter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which tires are best for 75% Hwy, rest in heavy hauling offroad.

I have an 03 with a 2" leveling kit from Rev-tek running 315/70/17 (35" tire) and no rubbing whatsoever.
Xanla,in what tires are u runing in the 315/70/17. I also have to consider about 350lbs of fron end weight. Check out these pic of the front and rear tires. Note these tire are winter 265/70/17 with no lift in yet. I am getting the lift in net week. I am having trouble trying to decide between these ties; Toyo MT(325), Goodyear Wrangler Mt/R (305?) or BFG KM2 (35). Ideally in E rated, 10ply.:doh:

Any experience with any of these tires or feeed back would be helpful? I will get the 2" leveling kit installed first then see what I can stuff in there w/o rubbing.

YukonHunter:S:

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
285-75-17

Toyo and Nitto offer 285-75-17 E-rated tires. With the exception of the Toyo MT,they afford extremely high load capacity,ideal for that bumper and winch you have hanging off the front. The dimensions are approx. 34 x 10.50 x 17,pretty nice compromise. I've got the Toyo AT's in this size. They've got 25,000 on them and should be good for another 12-15,000 safe miles. They've supported a 2000# load since new.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tires and ARB bumper

Danderson the pop top camper system is what I am looking at eventually getting also but in the Alaskan model. Your camper looks really good on that truck.How do you like your camper?
I am going to take a serious look at those Toyo AT's do you run them year round?

Xanlamia the bumper I have is ARB deluxe bull bar that is made super strong to withstand a real hit during MVA's with wildlife. In addition, this is a very strong foundation to mount a winch to. I do alot of very remote travel offroad and need to be 100% self sufficient.
Check this video clip out.

Bull Bars & Nudge Bars | ARB 4x4 Accessories » Products » ARB Protection Equipment

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ARB bumper

Xanlamia A word of warning...these bumpers ARE HEAVY, as you can see by the pic of my front end.

It will be interesting to see what size of tire I can get in there after leveling it out? Ali Arc is another bumper brand I would recommend.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure? I will let you know next week if the Rev Tech 2" leveling kit was enough. I will post some pics at that time to give u some ideas.

Later...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New Summer Tires (BFG KM2)

Hey Guys

I decided to be conservative and went with 285-70R17.

I wanted to use my stock wheels and went with the BFG
KM2`s tires. I have no rubbing (have an inch to spare at full lock) at all with these 285s and room to load it up with wood or a camper.

The Rev Tech 2inch level kit made a BIG difference in the front end and so far not DW (Keeping my fingers crossed).

Finally, starting to look like a TRK. Well have to see how they last over the course of the summer.

Attached are a few pics. Thanks for your input.
YukonHunter

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts