Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the board, and fairly new to diesel trucks...i have an 04 dodge and i just purchased an edge juice with attitude programmer. I just wanted some input on how necessary it is to put a new exhaust and air intake on the truck now since i have the programmer now. Other than that programmer the truck is all stock. thanks adam

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The first thing you need to get on the truck is a good set of gauges. They'll keep you from melting and frying various important parts. I'm assuming it's an auto tranny, I'd get a pyro and trans. temp gauges on there ASAP before you get to playing with the edge too much.

·
Registered
76 Posts
you already have gauges with the edge and you dont have to have intake and exhaust with the edge all of edges hp ratings are tested on stock vehicles

·
Registered
64 Posts
The only thing I would say to you about your edge is be very careful with how much you turn the truck up because your tranny Isn't gonna take to kindly to it.

And ask many people on here and they'll tell you it's really hard to keep the tunes low when that addiction really kicks in... My previous truck can also be a good example.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
All I'm saying is if you tune a truck you need to monitor EGT's at the very least. And yeah you may not "need" to let it breathe better, but it wouldn't hurt anything if you did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the truck im building I put new pistons a new head with 103 springs, new water pump, new fuel injectors, new fuel lines. Now I'm having problems with fuel. I dis connected the fuel line that comes from my lift pump Off of the injector pump turn the key over there's plenty of fuel so I hook that backup then I disconnected the fuel lines From the injector tubes trying to burp out the air Barely anything comes out of the fuel lines when I turn it over. Was wondering is it my Injector pump For the fuel pressure sensor? I replaced the FCA already

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts