Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,may be my first post here but have followed your forum's for a long time.Recently bought myself a 2004 dodge 3500/Short box.

Looking to lift it on limited cash.I would love to see 8" out of the suspension but not sure if it can be done without spending big cash on a rize/carli etc.

There happen to be any decent priced 6" lifts out there that anyone has added 2" or 3" spacers in the springs?Or maybe better yet get myself some 8" spring's?Also would like to stay away from rear block's.Cop's really have a thing blocks around here.To be honest....i'm lost here any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
228 Posts
piece together yourself a lift, thats basically what i did.
Front
1. Pure Performance long arm kit
2. Drop pitman arm
3. 8" coils(+1" spacer)
4. Sway bar blocks(cheap) or.. end links
5. Shocks from cheap to really expensive
6. Track bar or just a drop bracket

Rear
Deavers which are pricey or just shop around, you can find good prices from spring shops, or go with skyjacker springs and a small block.

·
That Truck Guy
6,375 Posts
piece together yourself a lift, thats basically what i did.
Front
1. Pure Performance long arm kit
2. Drop pitman arm
3. 8" coils(+1" spacer)
4. Sway bar blocks(cheap) or.. end links
5. Shocks from cheap to really expensive
6. Track bar or just a drop bracket

Rear
Deavers which are pricey or just shop around, you can find good prices from spring shops, or go with skyjacker springs and a small block.
By the looks of your signature, we need to see some pics of yout truck.:drool2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sound's like an option for sure.One of the biggest things i'm trying to avoid is mis matching parts/pieces and ending up with some nasty vibration or wobble.Especially with all this "death wobble" talk i hear of.

I'm assuming i should be looking into a duel stabilizer as well?The option to add duel shock's sound's like a decent way to prevent some roll as well.

Still looking for input guy's,someone has the same truck as me out there somewhere,let's see your lift!Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump....still looking for some help

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
i pieced mine for under 2000 total, 8" long arm,,,,, some times its better to piece one, you get exactly the parts youwant...i.e. adjustability over remounting or relocating, usually better shocks for little or no extra money, and you can fine tune every part

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
the death wobble issue is usually worn parts or crappy engineering on the driveline angles

·
Registered
228 Posts
Your gonna come out cheaper putting your own lift together. Your most likely gonna have the lift YOU want compared to a box of parts somwebody else put together...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what i'm looking for...as we all are i guess.Cheaper,yet getting what a guy want's.

I was honestly hoping someone had a tried and true system for my year of truck already.

It's not so much that i don't want to piece my own lift together thru trial and error but i need it to be solid as well when done.

This is my only truck at this time.It double's as my work'/play.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
spend the dough on a 6" bds kit, awesome setu, and easily upgradable to long arms, IM GONNA GET SOME FEED BACK HERE, but they engineer a great kit and a great ride. i posted some pics of there longarm on here the otherday.... i think it was " pica of a flexed long arm" check it out,, if you exceed the limits of this system, then you need to design your own

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Bds you say?I'll check into their lift's thanks.Anyone have one of these lift's installed and or tried these 2-3 inch spacers i'm hearing about?Thank's again for all the replies,i knew this was the right place to ask.Keep them good idea's a commin!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
your going to have some issue with an engineered kit designed for a certain lift ,and then add more to it, its no different than leveling a stock truck, you only have a certain amount of room before the limts of the parts are reached, when thinking about larger lifts , you should really look into a system or parts designed for that amount of lift.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thank's again for all the input guy's.So far this is what im thinking.I'm prob off somewhere here so feel free to correct me.

- Long arm kit : Pure performance 8" or Top gunz 8.5"?Anyone know which one of these are more "heavy duty"?

- 8" springs : Here again there are many option's there has to be some out there that can take the weight of our truck's

- Drop pitman arm : I will be going with 8" coil's with 2.5-3 inch spacers so im thinking i would need 10+ for an arm or?Kinda confused here heh.

- End link's prob thuren.

- Shock's : ? still not sure here either especially with the amount of lift.Prob blistien's

- Track bar : Fully adjustable here again prob thuren.

- Rear : Deavers or maybe my local shop if it works out cheaper.

- Body lift : Considering a 2"-3"

- Front/rear Duel shock's adding later

-Rear : traction/ladder bars also to eventually be added.

·
Registered
228 Posts
the top gun kit is a pieced together pure performance i *think*

everything else sounds good except the body lift, i would definately ditch that plan, but that is jsut my opinion!

Dont forget you will need a longer front drive shaft. Mine is maxed out bad at 9". I need a new one!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
top gun makes there own kits, GET PURE. top gun spring are ifffy, look into some skyjacker, ( they arent bad, ) and GET THE DEAVERS, youll waste monet TRYING to get the right rear height, leave it to the PROS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts