Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone
I'm new to the forum, coming from St. Thomas, and have never really been a dodge fan! Don't shoot the messenger yet. Ive been a Ford guy my whole life, but have always loved the 5.9 cummins, being a diesel mechanic and such and working on engine all the time has got me hook. I currently own a 2006 Ford F-250 4x4 with a 6.0 liter:doh:. I have had many issues with the engine and, knock on wood, it has been running very well lately, but just like every 6.0 out there, it only a matter of time before it kicks the bucket. So... with that in mind, i've decide to re-power my ford with, yes, a 5.9 cummins! :party018:

I recently pick a used 5.9 for the right price. I bought it in Texas and had it shipped up to Canada. It's a 2004, 305HP 5.9 with 75,000 miles on it. Now since this engine wont be going in anytime soon, i hope, i build a nice engine stand and have begun to tare it down to paint it and build it up the way i want too. Plans are to add ARP studs, some bigger injector, valve spring, coolant plugs and modified CP3, with maybe a twin turbo set up down the road. I think I've bored you guys enough now, so here are the picture!:thumbsup:

This is how it arrived

Gonna need a new oil pan, damaged during shipping

This will be its new home

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Welcome to the Forums Mr Karn!! :party018:

Glad to see you are putting something worth while into that Ford! :stirpot: I'll be keeping an eye on you and your swap:rof

·
Registered
567 Posts
just remember to change those badges to the big C ... keep us up to date would luv to see picks of the transplant

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice project, isn't that the Holy Grail of builds, a Cummins engine in a Ford F250? The 6.0 has been a major embarrassment to Ford and International, Ford should be a shamed of it's reliability record. From other forums and what I have read it almost seems Ford has abandoned the customers on this engine and the aftermarket is fixing the EGR and Intake issues it seems.

Would like to see photos of the mechanical adaptors etc. you need to make as this is a project my son has wondered about doing.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Thats one way to introduce your self!!!

Looks like a fun project

Nice shop and I want that john deere, lol

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hard Core Project.

Very kewl post!!
Welcome to the best forum on the net!:party018:
Hope you continue to post your build!:blues:
Why an engine all the way from Texas? Shipping must of been silly!!??!!:stirpot:
What will will you call this truck. Fummins? Cumord?:hehe::rof

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like to say thanks to everyone for the nice welcome. Its all Dinners fault if you ask me! lol I attended school with him and the sound of his dodge drove me to buy a Cummins! lol:drool2:

The 6.0 engine as been truly an embarrassment to Ford and International, being a mechanic and having a fleet of ford truck, we have done numerous egr and heads on our fleet, the recent head job being over 6 grand and that without stud or egr delete. Don't ask me why we don't do it, i just fix them. lol

I plan to buy all my conversion part form Destroked.com, i company in Denver that specializes in ford, cummins swaps. I will purchase the motor mounts, adapter and flex plate from them, as well as some electronic and wiring things that i will need. Still pondering the idea of running a Allison 1000 too!:thumbsup:

Some of the parts off this engine will be for sale: tranny adapter flex plate, starter, turbo and manifold. Just PM me if interested.

Anyways, i've been working on striping this engine down so i can paint it. As of now its down to just a block, head, oil pan and valve cover getting ready to paint it this weekend, so stay tuned!:party018:

Here's some picture while you wait

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Im wanting to do the same project, except itll be a 4x4 dually with a six speed. Ill deff keep an eye on your progress to help me out when i start mine

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks like one hell of a project. Best of luck, and keep us in the loop.

OH and don't forget to take lots of photos!!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I'm making damn sure he takes lots of pictures, LOL. I'm heading there tomorrow and will probably take a few pictures myself. I bugged him long enough that he is finally doing the conversion, haha. Perhaps get some go fast goodies on this thing a bit later down the road as well!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I add some paint to engine now, still have a few more coats to go and she'll be done. Enjoy!

More to come later

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2004 Cummins Swap "Arp studs and Air-Boss intake"

A few parts have arrived for the cummins!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
She's looking good!! Nice ride by the way!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
She's looking good!! Nice ride by the way!
Thanks Walker, one day she will power by this cummins! :thumbsup:

Update, i received a used oil pan and pickup tube in the mail today that is not dented like the old one, just have to paint it up and its good to go.

Heres a few more pictures of the intake

A few of the engine too

Sorry for the quality of the pictures

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Guys
I don't have much of an update on the cummins, other then i got a new oil pan and pickup tube for it and just order: Painless Performance Products- Custom Fit Wiring Harness 2003-07 5.9L Cummins Diesel. :party018: Cant wait for it to get here. Also did some emailing on some other parts! Hope to get them soon too. More to come

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I received my painless performance wiring harness the other day. All i have to say is this a well built piece and i would buy another one from them if i had too. Heres a few pictures

New ECM connectors

Pre-wire with new OBDII plug

Pre-wired with built in fuses for aftermarket fuel pump and water/meth if i ever need it

1 - 20 of 81 Posts