Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a crew cab 2wd 2500 and i have 265 70 17s on it right now does anyone know the biggest possible tire i can fit without lifting? Thanks so much

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Heard that the Toyo AT 285/75/17 will fit with no rubbing.

I have plenty of clearance with the 285/70/17 and that was before the Daystar lift was installed.

MikeyB

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i appreciate the help man....we have very similar trucks...where did youget your tires? and what kind are they?
thanks so much

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I bought the tires from a local tire shop near me. They are Toyo Open Country AT's. 285/70/17 in a E rating.

MikeyB

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i hate to keep asking you questions...i was looking to get that daystar kit but heard that the weight of the motor on polyurethane compresses it to much...have you had any trouble with yours ? how hard was it to install? if its not to much trouble post a pic....thanks so much i really appreciate your help

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Pic with the Daystar 1.5" lift installed.

No issues to report. A few owners have 100k + miles on the Daystars and haven't had any issues. A local suspension shop did the install and alignment.

Summit Racing has the Daystar lift for $40.

MikeyB

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
damn that looks badass....that is the look im going for..im thinking about putting the coil spacers on myself.....we have the same truck prettymuch i think im gonna go with what you have with the 275's and coil spacers...thanks for your help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts