Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum because I can't find the problem and it's my first diesel. Recently I bought 2004.5 with no motor in it . Installed a rebuilt motor hooked everything up and can't get it to start. Had a edge juice and attitude programmer but part of circuit board was damaged so I unhooked it all. It's only throwing 2 codes p0108 and p0236 . I replaced the map sensor. I've changed the crank sensor, then I swapped the new crank sensor with the cam and Tryed that. I'm getting fuel up to the common rail. Pressure
I'm not sure . Has new fuel filter and batteries. Any ideas ? Thanks for help

·
Registered
368 Posts
when you replace you map sensor( intake manifold pressure sensor) did it fix the fault
if it didn't then start troubleshooting wiring check for 5v supply Dodges fault list don't exactly paint a great picture it says map sensor high does that mean high boost pressure or high voltage I would hope its high voltage like the signal wire is receiving too much voltage after it passed through the sensor since you replaced the sensor i would look for a supply to signal pin to pin short and if you check out the wiring and its all good then you need an ecm

·
Registered
368 Posts
just make sure there is no pin to pin contact from bad wire or corrosion all three wires should have zero continuity between each other with the ecm connector off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.