Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(thought I'd get more here than gerneral discussion)

Yesterday had the in tank pump fail. Looking for the best option to replace. My mechanic says he can get me the dealer updated version but I think I have read on the forum over the years that the after market is the way to go. I tried the search function but was not finding the info I was looking for (at least fast enough).

I am a normal daily driver and pull a 10K# boat 4 miles round trip to the boat ramp.

Have solid mechanical skills to make the repair or swap out but would like advise on the best route to take.

Truck has 120K miles.

Thanks

·
Registered
715 Posts
when i get the cash im going with an airdog II 165 and a helman performance sump so no more 1/4 tank issues. just spend the cash and go with an airdog or fass setup.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,294 Posts
you can get a bare pump and plumb
it into the stock lines. this is what
i did and it runs great.

otherwise, just get a full system and
be done.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
which one? Air Dog pf FASS. I do not run any high performance mods, just a daily driver - weekend hauler.

Not very knowledgeable on the fuel systems so point me in the right direction and give me a model number.

Thanks

·
Registered
944 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
garage told me it is the transfer pump not lift. I had the same issue as the other post "stuck on the side of the road". Truck died while on the highway. Pulled over and it would crank and idle for a second then die. Once towed to the garage it would crank and idle and never die. They tried to test drive and it died, then came the determination that the transfer pump has failed.

Garage said my transfer pump is on the rail not in the tank. I told them to replace w/ aftermarket so I can get back up and running then I'll install the FASS system next weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts