Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the headlight lens on our 2004 2500 Ram QuadCab 5.9L but instead of replacing the lens I'm thinking new aftermarket headlights. Can someone recommend a aftermarket headlight, Spyder Lights or ??

Thanks

·
Registered
976 Posts
I did the spyder lights about a year ago now and like them. Have the set with projector lenses with 35W HIDs. Cutoff is nice and clean. Can see them in this picture. I also like that they are flat, I hate that bubble on most of the lights.

Reactions: homeguy

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
All the aftermarket headlights are garbage. They can have fitment issues, leak, bad beam pattern, crappy projectors and the lenses will yellow/fog faster then OEM. You can sand down your lenses and apply a UV protectant clear coat. I recommend sanding till 800-1000 grit and then apply spray max 2k. That's the rattle can clear coat id use.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All the aftermarket headlights are garbage. They can have fitment issues, leak, bad beam pattern, crappy projectors and the lenses will yellow/fog faster then OEM. You can sand down your lenses and apply a UV protectant clear coat. I recommend sanding till 800-1000 grit and then apply spray max 2k. That's the rattle can clear coat id use.
Thank you- I hate making improvements that ultimately results in greater headaches. I'll sand the OEm as mentioned.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Thank you- I hate making improvements that ultimately results in greater headaches. I'll sand the OEm as mentioned.

Thanks
I wouldn't use any off the shelf rattle can clear coat. Spray max 2k is a much higher quality clear coat. You'll need a respirator when using it. It can leave an orange peal texture after you apply it. Just sand them down again till that texture is gone. When initially sanding, you'll notice what looks like patches of different shades. That's just because more material has been removed in some areas then others. Don't move to the next grit until the entire lens is the same shade/the patches are gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts