Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning to everyone reading this. I have a 2500 HD HO LWB Quad Cab which has been an excellent truck. The only drawback to this truck is the god-awful ride quality. Might just be mine. Truck acts like it has no suspension. Has rear airbags with cab control. I have removed a leaf on the rear and that helped the backend a ton. (no pun intended) I have pretty much determined that the front is the problem. Front sags as they all do, but is getting worse with mileage and age. (140K) Front seems to be on the bump stops and has no travel. Searching Forums, you will find nothing for coil spring replacement for this truck. (2WD and 2004). I do not want spacers. I want to replace these no travel front springs with something that will work and possibly get the nose up. Miserable to drive or tow with. Every expansion joint or minor pot hole is a bone jarring experience. Anyone out there with experience or a solution? I also have a rattle (suspension) on what appears to be a left front location. Frontend has not been rebuilt, but all miles are highway and a visual shows no bushing wear that you can see. This is definitely a suspension rattle or noise. Alignment and tire wear are perfect. Looking for suggestions. Thank you. Chasing my tail here.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Those are stock replacement, correct? Are there progressive springs out there that provided a better ride?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts