Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 4X4 2500 four door short box with a Edje juice with attitude in it. Thas the only upgrades I have. Just wanted to know what house power and torque will the stock trans hold. Just dont want to blow it up. Whats a good trans to get and the price range? Thanks folks.

· Registered
66 Posts
stock will hold about 80-100 hp over stock with no boost launches most likely depending upon tranny wear currently.

Aftermarket trans companies that i know are good quality are goerend, hts, suncoast.
I have heard good and bad things about ats so take that how you like it. i personally have no problem with them.

Haven't heard bad stories about bd diesel trannys either so that might be a optional as well.

What is your goal hp wise? 550rwhp and under t/c and v/b for sure. maybe a rebuild it if it has tons of miles on it. I personally would over build it so you have the peace of mind.

How much is it going to cost you? depends if you do it yourself and with a buddy then your looking at ~$11-1300 for t/c ~$600 for v/b. install at a shop should be able $400-1k depending on the shop. just over estimating so you know what to expect.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can get up 100 hp and 250 extra on my edge. Just got the truck for x-mas for myself. I dont race alot, just when those kids with mom and dads pocket book come up next to me. I dont want to take any chances and blowing anything up.

· Registered
66 Posts
if you just looking for a lil extra power than i would put it on 80hp daily driver and when you wanna race or show someone what its got then turn it up to 100hp. or you could just keep it at 100hp your choice. as long as your not hot rodding all over town everday i would just keep it at 100hp.

also they do make edge hot juice if your looking to upgrade later on once you have the tranny work and then that adds 150hp and 350 lbs of torque i believe for the 03-04 305 motor.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks. It has 20's with nittos ats. Would that help are hurt it? I just need to get some pic's of it and let you guy's check it out. I think it is sharp. My avart is my old truck.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont think they are 35's. They are low pro's. I'll have to look and get back to you. I saw the truck, look at the miles on it, started it, drove it and bought it.:hehe:

· Registered
66 Posts
if there not that big than prob will help a lil if your racing in 2wd than compared to stock tire/wheel from a dead stop. i know 2wd racers like the 20's on some nittos for better 60' than the store tire and wheel.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, thanks alot for the info. I've been read all this stuff on here and it just confuses the hell out of me.:lol4:

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think we need a Dummy book for all the abbrebiation used on here.

· Registered
66 Posts
any time you have a question about a abbreviation. ill help ya out . a v/b is a valve body and a t/c a torque converter. when some one says they have 90's its probably 90hp injectors, fast 150- taking lift pump, arson stage 1,2or 3- talkin about cp3. twins of course mean twin compound turbos. willy whistler-refers to a diy(do it yourself) intake mod. silencer ring- ring inside turbo once removed turbo is louder also a free mod. if they say they have billet tranny- means everything is made from billet inside tranny like (output shaft, input shaft, intermediate shaft, billet flexplate) just shoot me a pm if you have trouble understanding the lingo lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.