Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2003 Power Steering Pump

14383 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Cekkent
Just finished giving the truck its weekly look over. Power steering fluid is down past the add mark, local mechanic had a look at it and said its leaking a bit around the shaft seal, recommended to use Lucas power steering stop leak, done. Said this should take care of the leak for a while until I decide to replace the pump. Who makes a good pump other than OEM. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Mine is looking like a SOB and can't exactly tell where it is coming from... All that I know is that it is ALL OVER THE PLACE. It was just a small leak at first but now it is enough that it takes a quart every 2 days :banghead::S:

· Registered
22 Posts
Factory Pump

Also check out the OEM superceded pump. Apparently they were having problems with the early pump and issued a new one... p/n 52106835AG.

I was pricing it at Mopar Parts for Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep: MoparPartsAmerica

Search for the part number with the search function and you can find other posts on the topic.

The Greenhorn

· Registered
296 Posts

· Registered
356 Posts
Do NOT put "power steering stop leak" into your power steering system that takes ATF+4. Standard power steering fluid is NOT compatible with the system.

Also, looks like Autozone has the power steering pump without reservoir for $53. $127 with the reservoir, if for some reason you're unable to transfer the reservoir yourself. Why not just replace the pump instead of contaminating your system with junk?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.