Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2003 or 2007?

939 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  BDekle 
#1 ·
:confused013:

I have a question where I could use some advice and/or opinions. I currently have a 2003 2500 Laramie quad cab long bed auto. I am considering trading it in for a 2007. The '07 I'm looking for is a 2500 5.9L Laramie Mega Cab with a manual transmission. Once I got the Mega Cab, I would take it down to Precision Bodyline in Utah and have a long bed conversion done.

I guess my question/dilema is, do I keep the 2003 or do I get the 2007? The 2003 is in my signature and is very mildly modified. My plans for either truck are to eventually get around 500+ hp, and be a daily driver.

Money isn't a huge concern, because the 2007 will have the same payment if not be a little less than the 2003.

Do I keep the 2003 and build it up? Do I get the 2007 and build it up? Or, do I finish paying off the 2003, save up, and pay cash for the 2007?

How easy is it to get somewhat big horsepower with a manual transmission?

Sorry, I know this isn't a very important question. I'm just curious and looking for some opinions. What would you all do? :confused013:

Thanks!

See less See more
Discussion starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'll probably try it out as is for a while until the funds are available.

How is the Laramie interior in the '07? Are the seats pretty comfortable? I heard somewhere that the '06 seats were not as comfortble as they were in '05, so I wasn't sure if that is the same situation with the '07.

Is it more than just upgrading the clutch in order to handle the higher hp?

Thanks for the replies! :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.