Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(This is a copy of my thread on CompD)

Well winter is officially here in SD, (AKA hunting seasons are over and there's nothing else to do other than be inside and stay warm), so i decided it's time to start another project. Last winter i put together a 12v for my 1997 dodge 2500.My 12v project - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together I decided that i wanted to put that motor in an excursion. I found a killer deal on a 2003 excursion with 230k miles on it. It is cursed with the 6.0l and i'll be doing it a favor by pulling that thing out. I believe the most difficult thing here will be programming the 5R110 but i am going to give it a whirl.

It's going to be a long process but i can only work on it on the weekends for the most part. I'll keep adding pictures when i get somehting done. Here's some pics of what i've got done thus far.

The day it came home:

Out with the 6.0!!!!!! It took me and a buddy WAY to long to get this out due to some rounded off torque converter bolts that somebody kindly left us.:doh:

Here's a couple of the 12v ready to find it's new home.

[/

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
did some harness "thinning" last night.
Before:

After:
[/

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the motor is in. Not bolted down yet as i have to slide the entire drivetrain back about 1.5 inch to allow the fan to clear the radiator. I have a couple issues to work out including the cold charge pipe. Other than that it went together nicely. There is a whole lot of room under the hood with the 12v in there Vs. the powerstroke!!

Test fitting the radiator...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay here's some pics from the weekend.. Nothing very exciting happened.

Throttle Pedal

Tank end of the airdog lines

For some reason i didn't take a pic of the airdog installed.

Mounted the cruise servo (The stock ford gasser servo bracket and the 6.0 powersteering resivoir mounting holes line up pretty good!)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As you can see the bottom turbo is tight. I had to cut 1" off the outlet and .5" off the elbow for a total height reduction of 1.5". Tigged the elbow to the compressor outlet.
before

After

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made the CAC pipe and intake:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts