Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,840 Posts
I believe most data is not available on 2nd gen. But you should b e able to pull codes and clear them. On an 02 you can also try the key trick for codes, but a scan too is usually better. Make sure the ground wire from the PCM to the fire wall. Remove it and clean wire and firewall, and do the same to other grounds like under the pcm and battery cable ends.

You said you had the ECM tested, so I assume the Wait to start light comes on every time you turn the key to ON???

You might replace the MAP sensor just because it could cause that issue and is a voltage sensitive sensor. Also check all sensor harness plug connections for loose connection oar corrosion and bad connection?
Have you checked the APPS voltage. Should be 5v input and idle on pin 3 should be about .5 at idle and smoothly graduate to about 3.8b at WOT.

Check closer harness connections for corrosion etc and the grounds an connections on the bottom side of the PDC. Lift pump fuel pressure is?? Fuel filter?

Waste gate? other exhaust? Boost hoses slit? What kind of stuff do you usually work on?
Almost all running issues are related to ECM not Pcm except some voltage issues.

Does it ever throw a CEL when it won't take off?
Breaks in wire inside the harness have been found before. Any 5v supply wire that is not at least 4.8v has a problem. Trace them back t source and see if it is corrosion or bad from the source(ECM or other component.

NO communication is often the commuter on one or the other that is bad and not commutating. IE, bad circuit in the VP, ECM, PCM, APPS, Central timer, Try codes again, Use key or a different can tool if you have to. Do not expect more than codes.

·
Registered
23,840 Posts
Could somebody have left a rag in the intake somewhere?

·
Registered
23,840 Posts
No, it would cause restriction in air flow or turning of the turbo and no boost. I have seen people leaved a rag in the turbo mouth or the intake horn or plenum,

The electrical issues have to be computers, wires or plugs. Do the self test on the dash pod.
You said before you had the ECM tested? Are you sure that was sthe ECM not the PCM.

You definitely should contact ACS, a vendor her.

·
Registered
23,840 Posts
Yes , what do those two circuits do. Is there a bad ground?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts