Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything special I need to know about putting a common rail in my 02 f350. I windowed my powerstroke a couple of days ago and considering this route. I talked to Scott at destroked.com. Are there any other vendors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So are you going to do it, or just looking into it? I wondered if you'd consider this route or not. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So are you going to do it, or just looking into it? I wondered if you'd consider this route or not. :D

Considering it very hard. I think it will be cheaper by the time I sell my turbo,injectors,chip and other stuff on my powerstroke. You have any tips from your build.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll tell ya, I considered the cost very hard before I made a decision and just couldn't justify the cost of building another Stroke for what you get.

I'll tell you what I know.
1) Go with Destroked parts.
2) Don't plan on this happening overnight. It's going to take some time, and there will be hangups along the way. I'm counting on 4 months to get mine done. There's a lot of time where you can't do anything because you're waiting on parts...much as I am now.
3) For and engine, look for an '03 or '04, complete with all accessories, from an automatic truck. However, if you find a good deal on an '04.5+ engine, don't pass it up. The differences are on an 04.5+, you won't have functioning cruise control (unless you put some Dodge steering wheel buttons in the truck), you'll need to install a Dodge throttle pedal assembly instead of running a cable from the throttle pedal, and the newer engines get slightly worse MPG.
4) I can't remember what trans you have, but you'll want a different TC for it as well.

That should get you at least started. I stumbled across my engine on eBay, but I spoke with GOS Performance and he told me he gets them often. Splash

Did you see this one: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3...-common-rail-motor-tranny-combo-complete.html

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it have to be an automatic donor truck?
Yea I saw that one and it is sold pending payment. I have a Precision Industried Torque Convertor and I talked to them. They are going to change my stall for me. I am looking for a engine still.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like you're on the right track. You have a PM coming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts