Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2001 offer

623 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  mahdey
Hi I just made a tentative deal on a 2001 ram 2500 quad cab 4x4 automatic long box diesel with 230,000 miles on it and I am nervous I am making the wrong choice. It looks rather clean, no rust. The offer was $8000.00 but I am really getting cold feet. Can anyone please chime in if they think this sounds ok or will I need to be spending a lot more money on it in the near future. I really do not have much more money then that so if anything goes I am sunk.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,158 Posts
check the fuel pressure, that is the BIGGEST thing on these trucks. Check tranny fluid as well. Make sure there are no fluids leaking between the tranny and engine, the vacuum pump and powersteering pump. but again Fuel pressure is the biggest thing. Also, when the truck is up to operating temp, turn it off and then try restarting it. The cummins egine usually starts after 1.5-2 revolutions of te engine. If it takes what seems like a long time, then the vp is going south. That the problem i had with my truck.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got done reading an older post of what people paid for there trucks and now I am really thinking this might be too much even though it is 3000.00 below the kbb and nada books.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.