Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase my first truck ever! I want to pull a 3 horse trailer and want a dependable truck that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg. I have found this truck with 105,000 miles on it. It isn't a 4x4 but that's fine. It needs tires and an alignment and might need some brake work. The guy is firm on $9900. It is the SLT Laramie (sp?) and looks great except for a dent on the side near the back. It is leather with all options. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Id hook a fuel pressure gauge up to it before i bought, if i did that, i would have saved myself a lot of money on a new IP since i wouldnt have bought the truck w/o the dealer replacing the lift and injection pumps.

Is this an auto or manual truck? See about the service history if there is any since w/o excellent maintanance the stock auto trans isnt the toughest one ever bolted to a diesel.

Really, new tires, brakes and alignment imo should be firsts on any used vehicle purchase alone with every fluid in teh truck changed and the shocks.

Seems like a good price, i paid 12,500 for mine in excellent condition, 4X4 but no leather, which was the reason i bought this particular one, i hate leather. 10k might be a bit much for that one.

Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts