Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I work at a feed store and its not uncommon for me to load a few nice Cummins in a day but the other day I saw an older lady pull up in the nicest 2nd gen Cummins I have ever seen. It honestly looked like it never left the dealership, While I was loading her up with a few bails of hay I asked her how she kept the truck so clean and she said she just doesn't drive it often, I then asked how many miles were on it and she laughed and said only 19,000. I honestly couldn't believe it. She also said people are always offering to buy the truck from her. It was a dark blue 01 qcsb 4x4..........I was thinking that has got to be the lowest mileage 2nd gen Cummins on the road!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Wow

Might be interesting to see if anyone has a second gen with less mileage.:confused013:

Maybe another old lady, on this forum, will post up that she has less mileage!:stirpot:

Was that old lady a Cummins Forum Member?:hehe:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
theres one truck on here with 3k miles on it. some guy payed some retarded amount of money for it lol

its never been driven in rain, snow etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My dad has a 2000 model qcsb 2 wheel drive with 40K on it. He has put some hair lip old man dings in it cause he cant see like he used to. Garage kept all its life. He only pulls a 34' 5er about twice a year. Bought it brand new. I would try to snag it off of him but I need a dually.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Driver?

theres one truck on here with 3k miles on it. some guy payed some retarded amount of money for it lol

its never been driven in rain, snow etc.
Does he drive it? Or is it a trailer queen.:confused013:

Seems the ol lady drives it as a regular truck, that may be cooler!!:blues:

Some young guy on here will likely find her and marry her so he can get a hold of the truck when she passes away in a couple years!!:rof

·
Registered
126 Posts
Does he drive it? Or is it a trailer queen.:confused013:

Seems the ol lady drives it as a regular truck, that may be cooler!!:blues:

Some young guy on here will likely find her and marry her so he can get a hold of the truck when she passes away in a couple years!!:rof
my dad always tells me to marry for money, but i would rather marry for a truck :rof:rof:rof

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
dang now thats lowwww mileage!

-Jordan-

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
my dad always tells me to marry for money, but i would rather marry for a truck :rof:rof:rof
Don't buy the cow when the milk is free.

My dad has a 2000 model qcsb 2 wheel drive with 40K on it. He has put some hair lip old man dings in it cause he cant see like he used to. Garage kept all its life. He only pulls a 34' 5er about twice a year. Bought it brand new. I would try to snag it off of him but I need a dually.
Lay off your old man. Only with good fortune will you be as old.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Recently bought mine with 77k on it. Not near 19k, but still relatively low mileage.

They are out there. Do a search on autotrader.com, and list it by lowest mileage there's some low ones on there.

·
Registered
491 Posts
My 01.5 has 55K. It's been used, a few brush stripes. Yes, I bought new. I was not figuring on getting sick when I bought the truck.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Got mine from a old man with 70k it sat in his driveway and had some problems from rats eating wires but i know the tac never went over 2k

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
:shock:
19,000 ten year old truck = 1,900 miles a year. 1,900 / 12 Mpg (Very low end) = 158.3 Gallons of fuel = about 5.5 tanks of fuel (30 gallon fills).
1,900 / 20 (standard) = 95 gals / 30 = 3.16. I would say she stopped at the filling station about once a season!

·
Registered
559 Posts
how about some one sell me one of these low mile trucks

·
Registered
211 Posts
got my baby from some old man with 40,000 on her

·
Registered
92 Posts
My 01 only had just under 48k on it when I got it in August and just hit 49k yesterday. One of the side benefits of traveling for work, I don't rack up miles. I've been kicking around the idea of getting rid of it though. I'm still having a hard time getting over all the stupid crap Dodge did wrong on the 2nd gen truck :rolleyes: The mileage driving to and from work is better than my old F250 though.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
My 02 had 28,000 miles on it in june of 07 when I got it. Now it has 105,000. The thing didn't even have a scratch IN the bed. All the guy did was pull his 5ver. I bought that too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts