Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have a 2001 Cummins dually with a 5 speed trans its pretty much stock besides bhaf and stock straight pipe and i am wanting to go with edge juice with attitude or a quad adrenaline what do u think? and also to get those tuners would i need to do like say a 5 inch exhaust and a lift pump like somthing a lil cheaper like between 200-300 for a pump, and the clutch is stock with around 1000 miles on so i probley couldnt run whichever tuner on the highest setting right???????
Thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
i dont know about the tuners, but i have what you see in my sig, and i love it, i debated along time beetween the the smarty or the attitude, and i couldnt justify paying the basically the same amount for the whole package, then be out guages on top of it with a smarty,,,,pm james from rollinsmokediesel if he can help ya

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
Both the Edge Juice or Quad Adrenaline are great boxes. It will just depend on your personal preference.

A 5 inch exhaust is not necassary, a 4 inch turbo back would do just fine.

I would definetly do a aftermarket fuel pump/system.

My stock clutch lasted for some time with my Edge Comp on its highest setting, then it would only slip at higher rpms under full power but yes if you run the module at highest power all the time, expect the clutch to slip after awhile.

·
Registered
182 Posts
take it for what its worth but when i got my truck it had a stock exhuast straight piped and afe stage one i put on the edge juice ran great but had 0 fuel pressure at wot put a fass 150 on now i can't get it below 12psi and when a had just the edge i counldn't slip my stock clutch with 60000 miles on it

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anybody ever hear of PureFlow Technologies Raptor RP-150 Fuel Pump or the bully dog big fuel kit with it looks like a holley pump is either one any good??

·
Registered
267 Posts
Don't mess with the holleys I had one. The raptors are suppose to be really good though. My stock clutch held up with an edge comp for a while until I added injectors then it starting slipping at high rpms with 120,000 miles on it. I thought that was still pretty good though.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
why only cat back?
I also have what's in my sig. on a new stock VP and LP, just bigger line kit. Seems to pull just fine... for how long, it's a toss up, I run 2stroke in every tank, and swap it out with PS on the 4th tank.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
my 99 is fairly stock, 'cept or 3" straight pipe back to 5" stacks. Haven't even got my BHAF yet. Did install gauges though (fuel, boost, pyro)
I got the Adrenaline and my factory clutch (47k miles) will just hold to power level 5..
My factory lift pump will hold 5psi @ WOT on level 0 or 1 only. I'm leaning toward a Walbro setup and it's next on my list.
oh... and I also run a quart of 2cycle in every tank.

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
Both the Edge Juice or Quad Adrenaline are great boxes. It will just depend on your personal preference.

A 5 inch exhaust is not necassary, a 4 inch turbo back would do just fine.

I would definetly do a aftermarket fuel pump/system.

My stock clutch lasted for some time with my Edge Comp on its highest setting, then it would only slip at higher rpms under full power but yes if you run the module at highest power all the time, expect the clutch to slip after awhile.

I agree 100%....i have both boxes and they are great...IMO you cant go wrong with either or....the nice thing about the Quad box is the tunes are all downloaded from there web site

and the nice thing about the Edge box is the de-fueling feature

i think the quad will make a little more power but i have no hard facts ...it's all SOP....but i will have dyno #'s and track times soon

Scott

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Has anybody ever hear of PureFlow Technologies Raptor RP-150 Fuel Pump or the bully dog big fuel kit with it looks like a holley pump is either one any good??

i would highly suggest the Raptor or Airdog and the Adrenaline. i agree the adrenaline is nice b/c it's more tunable to your needs, while the juice is nice, the adrenaline is way ahead of the game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts