Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pretty much stock minus the Fass Fuel System 2001 24v and want to put a programmer in it. I've heard good things about the Edge Juice with Attitude.. and I like how it's on the fly. What do you guys have to say about them? What about the edge over say the quadzilla? Edge is more money but a better all around programmer from what I've heard. How does the Edge make the truck smoke? If anyone has some videos of their truck with the Edge in it and wouldn't mind sharing that would be awesome!

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
Edge is a proven power upgrade but the quad adrenaline will give more power and is more tune able. I have an edge comp and dont plan on changing anytime soon, its got the same power options as the juice but without gauges. You not gonna see much smoke from it without bigger injectors.

Reactions: vanalstine

·
Registered
122 Posts
i just put the quad with adrenaline in my truck and love it so far. the custom tunes are way better then what it comes with. theres a thread on here that gives you a whole list of tunes to try. smokes pretty good on the custom tunes as well if thats what your lookin for. im very happy with it

Reactions: vanalstine

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just put the quad with adrenaline in my truck and love it so far. the custom tunes are way better then what it comes with. theres a thread on here that gives you a whole list of tunes to try. smokes pretty good on the custom tunes as well if thats what your lookin for. im very happy with it

What do you mean 'way better than what it comes with' do you mean better than stock settings or better than the Edge settings? What HP is the quadzilla?

·
Registered
122 Posts
What do you mean 'way better than what it comes with' do you mean better than stock settings or better than the Edge settings? What HP is the quadzilla?
better then what the quazilla comes with.. the 0-10 levels are good but when you put a custom tune in it, it really wakes it up

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
If you put a box on it and run it like you stole it and you have an auto tranny you will have problems.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If you put a box on it and run it like you stole it and you have an auto tranny you will have problems.
Not only an auto, it will smoke a clutch too.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I plan on doing a tranny in the near future... Torque convertor, shift kit, valve body... All the fun stuff.

Another quick question.. I was looking on eBay at injectors just for the hell of it, and I've seen injectors on there, and injector tips? When I do decide to do them, should I do injectors or injector tips?

Sorry for all the questions, just for the truck and trying to figure it all out.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Most people will say to do full injectors, but when I upgrade I am doing just nozzles an have my local diesel shop pop test them an make sure everything is ok. I think it will be cheaper.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
I had nozzles before and for less than $400 I have a set of full injectors that run great and hardly smoke.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I have both currently and still switch from time to time. Honestly, it's all matter of opinion. I you want good clean power all the time and don't care to be adjusting your tune then go with the edge. Quad can be clean if you tune it to be but another nice thing about it is that if you want to have some crazy tune for pulling or racing then you have all the options in the world to work with.

Pm me if you are interested in the edge, been thinking about letting mine go.
Kody

·
Registered
217 Posts
For day to day I run it on 1... Then when the locals get spunky I can quickly bang it up to 4 or 6 for the extra GO... I am always using the "ON THE FLY" adjustment. I give it two thumbs up!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know much about the quad ! I have EJWA it works well it roles coal pretty good too! Just get ready for a tranny upgrade I brunt up my clutch up in no time with the edge

1 - 13 of 13 Posts