Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,747 Posts
depends on the wheel but most likely not..you will need a few inches of lift

and your mileage wont be affected too badly..maybe 1 or 2 mpgs depending on the tires and gears

· Registered
2,747 Posts
what year truck is it?..the 3rd gens clear larger tires alot easier then the 2nds do

· Registered
2,747 Posts
theres a chance you could manage with a leveling kit but definately not stock height

· You can keep the change.
576 Posts
Your gonna need a 2" leveler to clear most 35's. If the rim has an aggressive offset your gonna have to go 6" minimum lift to alleviate any rubbing problems. My truck cleared 35's with a leveling kit, but I couldnt turn the wheel more than a half turn of the wheel before tire rubbed the trailing edge of the wheel wells. I had to go to a 6" to get past the rubbing.

Heres a few pics of mine with 6"s and 20x10 rims with 3" offset and 35's.

· Registered
419 Posts
bkjeffery,

great looking truck man! i just ordered a 4.5in fabyeh and 35s on 20in black rockstars. now im think 6inches was the way i should have gone

J-Mo

· Registered
2,747 Posts
bkjeffery,

great looking truck man! i just ordered a 4.5in fabyeh and 35s on 20in black rockstars. now im think 6inches was the way i should have gone

J-Mo
check out kbosworths truck

my god thats a nice rig

· Registered
419 Posts
check out kbosworths truck

my god thats a nice rig
got any pics of it? i tried searching for him on the members list and i couldnt find him.

· Registered
419 Posts
nevermind i found him

· Registered
2,747 Posts
6" lift on 35s ad 20s is what hes running too

· Registered
419 Posts
i found his profile but he doesnt have any pictures up

· Banned
537 Posts
I am running a 3" pro comp, 35x12.50x20R toyo open country m/t's. I had to do minimal cutting. i can crank the wheel all the way left or right with out rubbing.

· Registered
134 Posts
I have a 2003 with 35's on 20's and all I have is the 2in. levelling kit. I am getting 22 mpg with the ac on and my Smarty on SW #7. I stay below 65 mph at all times too. I was getting around 18 before my Smarty.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a 2003 with 35's on 20's and all I have is the 2in. levelling kit. I am getting 22 mpg with the ac on and my Smarty on SW #7. I stay below 65 mph at all times too. I was getting around 18 before my Smarty.

Wow you just put a big :) on my face. do you have some pic's of you truck?

· Registered
134 Posts
Yup, here ya go.

· You can keep the change.
576 Posts
Just a note to think on. I have 35 inch Nittos on my truck. They measure 35 inches exactly from the ground. My buddy has 35 inch Mickey Tompsons that actually measured 32 inches brand new. I have another buddy thats runnin 35 inch swampers that measure 33.5 inches from the ground. I also know a guy that has a set of 33 inch swampers that are 34.5 inches.

So, all tires will deviate a few inches from their advertised size among the different manufacturers. And we werent measuring tires with low air pressure. I was walking around the work parking lot for like 2 weeks with a tape measure measuring everyones tires while I was trying to decide on what size of tire to go with.

You should find a few tire styles you like and grap a tape and hit the parking lots measuring tire height and comparing that to the tires advertised size.

And remember you can shoehorn a larger tire into the wheel well if you use a wheel with modest offset.

The more the tire sticks out the more it will "draw" into the lower edges of the fender while turning.

Thats all just my .02 from experience. Keep it in mind when choosing.

Good luck in your search for the perfect wheel/tire combo! :beer:beer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts