Cummins Diesel Forum banner

20 mpg w/ 200's!!!

3K views 49 replies 20 participants last post by  BlackedOut02 
Looks like my truck is a pig er I got a heavy foot. :lol4: I dont get anything over 14mpg's. :banghead: :whip: :banging: All of you gettin 20 can kiss my :butt: :lol4:

With my 99 just running the juice on 6 all the time, I was getting about 16mpg after the new injection pump, before the new injection pump i was at 18-19mpg. I think each truck can be a lot different, even with the same basic setup.
Well I def got the short end of the stick. :banghead:

You all make me sick! :whip: :lol4:

Ok just filled her up and only got 13.63MPGS. :whip: :whip: :whip: YOU ALL CAN KISS MY :butt: :lol4:

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: dont feel bad. it took me a while to get to 20mpg
Well what was it ya did? :confused013: I really havent been gettin on the go fast pedal, and been watchin egt's, etc. What am I doin wrong? :confused013: :banghead: This must be some sort of art, and I ain't no artist. :doh: :lol4:

sounds like somebody could use a hug:hehe::hehe:
I could. :lol4: It is just frustratin! When I bought the truck the dude told me he was gettin 24mpgs in it which I thought was a stretch but I at least figured it would get 20. :whyme: :ah:

It's all about the truck.

I get 15(city)/21(highway)/15(Highway towing my Jeep). I have a 4x4, auto, on 285's. My buddy with a 4x2, on 245's, 6sp gets 23(city)/25(hwy)/20(towing my Jeep). And yes I can vouch for that. We both just run Quadzilla airfilters, and XZT+. However he rolls a banks quick-housing.
Yeah I know but I still shouldn't be gettin only 13mpg's! :shock: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

my 2 cents your tq could be slipping and don't relize it but i average 18.5 to 20.5 city and highway driving with 3.55 rear end. I checked it one time just highway mileage averaged 24
Well My TC goes in & out of lock up only between 30-40 mph which is where most of my drivin is done. I do have a TC Lockout switch but it don't seem to work anymore? :confused013: Any more ideas?

ya, don't believe all the hype. There are some dodge cummins that will do no better than 15. Some will do better, some worst. It all depends on the truck. I have tried everything under the sun to get mileage up. Injectors, different programmers, different modules. The list goes on and on. I even went so far as to buy a water injection setup :S: Anyways, the only time my truck even came close to anywhere near 20 was after I installed the trans that I bought from Dave Georend. That was the ONLY aftermarket part that I put on my truck that achieved any mileage gain whatsoever. People can't just average one tank and get the correct mpg that way. It needs to be a ongoing process. ANyways, all trucks will handle things differently, just don't be dissapointed if you never get 20, because I never have. Good luck with trying to figure it out, just don't believe all the comment about getting 20+ towing, bigger sticks, etc... You'll be better off trying things that work with your truck :thumbsup:
Now I feel a little better. :thumbsup: But the mileage would still be nice. :banghead:

mines also 2wd. I think my prob is timing. I need to get a Smarty to stack on my PM3 but aint got no money. :doh: :banghead: :banghead:

Hopefully it will get better with the Smarty. Fuel Economy was a big reason fer buyin this truck. I still wouldnt want to drive anything else though. :lol4:

not sure if a smarty will help your mileage since it fuels down low where normal driving is so i actually think it would go down i think the best mileage you would get is from a comp box on 5x5 the timing is what will help with mileage yet not have all the extra fuel down low that you dont need
i ran a tune on the ecm like a smarty all down low fueling and when i took it off i gained 3-4 mpgs i average 18mpg and i run no timing so there is more to gain from my setup
I was told that stackin the Smarty with the PM3 would help, cause the Smarty does the timin also. :confused013:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.