Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

20 mpg w/ 200's!!!

2906 49
i got a reather plesant suprise today when i filled up.

i did 510.1 miles of mixed highway/city driving, and put 25.421 gals in my tank.

for those of you who dont have a calculator handy....

510.1/ 25.421= 20.066 mpg :drool2:

this is my best tank (so far) with the new injectors. despite quite a few rips and turning 35's. (yes my speedo is calibrated)
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

Registered
i got a reather plesant suprise today when i filled up.

i did 510.1 miles of mixed highway/city driving, and put 25.421 gals in my tank.

for those of you who dont have a calculator handy....

510.1/ 25.421= 20.066 mpg :drool2:

this is my best tank (so far) with the new injectors. despite quite a few rips and turning 35's. (yes my speedo is calibrated)
nice my best is 18mpg hand calculated and that's never changed for me with stock injectors or the aftermarket injectors i have now...my truck seems to be somewhat of a stubborn beast it seems haha:thumbsup:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice my best is 18mpg hand calculated and that's never changed for me with stock injectors or the aftermarket injectors i have now...my truck seems to be somewhat of a stubborn beast it seems haha:thumbsup:
i was usualy right around 18mpg too. well at least your consistent right? :lol4:

Registered
nice! with my gobs of fuel i'm getting about 15 in town...which is where i do all my driving, along with getting on it. if i did mixed highway and never punched it i'd get close to 20

Registered
hey i'm about to buy an 02 3500 and i'm making a shopping list and i'm thinkin about the stage 5 ddps which are 200 hp...what kind of fule sistem do you have...cuz i'm thinkin about the 150 air dog and i'm wanting to know if that is going to handel the 200's or will i have to go with a bigger one...oh and are you running studs or not...cuz the last thing i wana do is lift the head off the block...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey i'm about to buy an 02 3500 and i'm making a shopping list and i'm thinkin about the stage 5 ddps which are 200 hp...what kind of fule sistem do you have...cuz i'm thinkin about the 150 air dog and i'm wanting to know if that is going to handel the 200's or will i have to go with a bigger one...oh and are you running studs or not...cuz the last thing i wana do is lift the head off the block...
i just have a lil ol fass 95/95. once i start running 50+ psi of boost then ill do rings, springs and studs.

Got P7100?
With my setup I just got 20.2mpg hand calculated. About 90% highway @ 70mph with a few highway blackouts along the way:lol4:

Registered
Looks like my truck is a pig er I got a heavy foot. :lol4: I dont get anything over 14mpg's. :banghead: :whip: :banging: All of you gettin 20 can kiss my :butt: :lol4:

Got P7100?
With my 99 just running the juice on 6 all the time, I was getting about 16mpg after the new injection pump, before the new injection pump i was at 18-19mpg. I think each truck can be a lot different, even with the same basic setup.

Registered
With my 99 just running the juice on 6 all the time, I was getting about 16mpg after the new injection pump, before the new injection pump i was at 18-19mpg. I think each truck can be a lot different, even with the same basic setup.
Well I def got the short end of the stick. :banghead:

Registered
2 weeks ago, I put 480 highway miles on a tank and still had 1/4 of a tank left. I filled up and my fuel milage was 22.4 mpg, That was with my Drag Comp on 5x5 at all times. I was very pleased....lol!!

Registered
just got back from a 500 mile trip. ended up getting 23 mpg. was my first time keeping my edge juice on 5x5 for the whole tank starting from fill up. All of the driving was highway. 55mph just under 2k rpm with 4.10s on a dually. not too shabby. im hoping for even better mileage when i go to 265s and 3.55s srw. and diesel is now cheaper then gas! awesome

Registered
You all make me sick! :whip: :lol4:

Registered
Looks like my truck is a pig er I got a heavy foot. :lol4: I dont get anything over 14mpg's. :banghead: :whip: :banging: All of you gettin 20 can kiss my :butt: :lol4:
maybe it's cuz you're running that wussy tst chip:hehe::hehe: nah but seriously mine never has gotten 20mpgs. i wouldn't know what to do if i did:lol4:

So God Made a Farmer..
well if theres one thing ive learned from a cummins is that if ya dont like the sound ya shouldnt own one!(who doesnt love the sound of a cummins!!!!) plus mines got 35's and ive 21mpg with it and its a 12 valve!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well if theres one thing ive learned from a cummins is that if ya dont like the sound ya shouldnt own one!(who doesnt love the sound of a cummins!!!!) plus mines got 35's and ive 21mpg with it and its a 12 valve!
on a rotary pump too, nice :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.