Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much to this post, besides the fact that I didn't know if I would ever see 20 years of ownership with this truck. I thought 10 years was pushing it. But I've had it 20 years, and very little has gone wrong with it.

A few interesting factoids:

• It has just over 190k miles.
  • It is a 6 speed manual, which is rare for a 2000 model.
  • It's on its 3rd set of tires, and they have about 50% left.
  • Its only mods are an EZ box, RV275's, a fitting on the wastegate for more boost and straight 5" exhaust.
  • It's on its 3rd lift pump and original VP injector pump.
  • It gets a lot of attention around town. Boys at the BMX track lay claim to it for when they turn 16.
  • I don't plan to sell it anytime soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I don't like the pappy cap, but once my son started doing bmx, an open bed was not ideal. Rain kept soaking everything, including my tools. And in certain areas we would drive through and stop for dinner, a bike laying in the back was the equivalent of entrapment.

Interesting story on the pappy cap. I didn't want to buy a new one for $2k or more. But I couldn't find a used one for a Dodge, especially a long bed, very especially for a blue long bed. I finally had the idea to go to cars dot com and search for blue dodge rams and see if I could find a blue one with a long bed that just happened to have a pappy cap. After enough searching, I found a 96 model I think it was. But its blue was patriot blue. Which was close enough. You can see the color difference.

Anyway, I emailed the dealer selling the truck and convinced him that a truck without a pappy cap was more attractive, and I would give him $400 to boot, and take it off that truck for him. A win win, so to speak. The dealer agreed and I got me a fully functional pappy cap, almost matching for $400.

The sons a few years older now, and not bmx'ing so much (instead wrestling and football). So, I'm considering to find a cliff somewhere and pitch it (I can't figure out how to store it without it being in the way or an eyesore).

7milesout

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not that you would want to do this but my uncle built a base to store his cap on and kept his mower under it haha. Not the least redneck thing I've ever seen but I will say it was clever and worked.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought about building a base like that, from PVC. I could use some extra space in my garage, maybe I could move my murdersickle out of the garage and park it up under it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts