Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive got a chance to get b100 bio at a decent price. Im wondering if i run a 50/50 mix should i still run the 2 stroke, i know that i really dont need to but this is for some of the other guys at the shop that have 24v's? Any thoughts would help:popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump...Nothin huh, I read alot of the threads and didnt see anything about this, thought it would be a good question

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,009 Posts
I would say with a 50/50 mix you would not need to run the 2 cycle as well. That would be preference. It would not hurt so it would be totally up to you, I say it would still help to quiet down the engine noise a little still if you run it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
50/50 - B100/regular diesel?

so basically does B50 need additional lubricating properties?

no, save your money. biodiesel does such a great job at lubricating. even if you went all the way down to B5 (5% bio) adding 2 stroke would be a waist.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks for the replies, thats what i was looking for. Yeah it will be a 50/50 bio and reg. There are some vp44 guys here and they are worried but i think that answers the question!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
A B2 blend would give you more lube than #2 with a quart of 2-stroke.

·
SuperDuperMod
3,938 Posts
any biodiesel and you don't need two stroke. like navydood said even be has more lubrication than ulsd and two stroke. i wouldn't waste the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts