Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

1)

Wired in a trailer wiring harness, really just t connectors that run off of the taillights. Now i started the truck... Plugged it up to the trailer, turned the lights on... everything seems to be ok, so then i test the blinkers.. The blinkers blinked so short and fast they were hard to see and at 1st didn't show up on the dash! The hazards work fine, along with brake lights.
Now when i unplug it from the trailer everything returns to normal with the left blinker a tad slow to start.
I'm fine with super fast blinkers, but i'm afraid this may be a problem. I havn't drove it yet so i don't know if it'll blow fuses or not...
Already had a bit of a problem trying to wire in back up lights blowing fuses, and when i bought it i found a headlight switch behind the drivers seat..

2) When i start it and don't let it idle a long time before i go, i hear something odd, seems like its coming from behind the glovebox.... Like someone pouring a water from a solo cup onto the ground.. Has me worried! Very weird thing!

Any ideas?
:confused013:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok the first one is easy. Your turn signal flasher is wearing out and can not handle the extra lights of your trailer.

I recomend replacing it with an electronic flasher ($15 ish) rather than the bi metal ($6) one that will blink faster the more light it is having to flash.

Number 2?????

1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok the first one is easy. Your turn signal flasher is wearing out and can not handle the extra lights of your trailer.

I recomend replacing it with an electronic flasher ($15 ish) rather than the bi metal ($6) one that will blink faster the more light it is having to flash.

Number 2?????
Ok, the trailer is already hooked up and i HAVE to go pick something up tomorrow. Will it be okay using the turn signals? (If i don't replace it with the electronic flasher... what will happen?)

Thanks for the reply, i'll look into it!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Number 2 is prob your heater core. If I sit in mine for a minute after shut off I can hear it gurgle a lil and when it starts. Been doing every since I bought the truck with no problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yes, you can use them as is without harm, just have to let them flash very quickly.

:flag:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Auto part store . They are generic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts