Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody familiar with the dealership Texas Silver Star Motors in Arlington? I have placed a hold deposit on a truck with them and am curious as to their reputation. The guy I am working with seems to be dealing straight cards and the other vehicles on their website all look clean as does the one I am interested in. However, some dealerships are just better than others at polishing turds. The deposit is non-refundable but I would rather let it go than to spend 9 hours on the road to get there and see a polished turd. Anybody know of these guys and what their reputation is locally?

My second question is whether any of you guys can recommend a trusted diesel shop in this area. I am not a diesel technician and, although I have been around cummins diesels since I was ten years old, there is a lot I don't know. I would feel better about this transaction if I could buy an hour or two of time from a knowledgeable but disinterested third party and get their opinion.

Thanks for any help.

Michael

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've lived in arlington most of my life, never heard of the company. Not sure if that's good or bad? There were very few good cummins mechanics in Arlington when I was looking for one when I got my truck. There's several threads on here telling people what to look for.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just asked the same thing in a thread, didn't see this one until now, but either way if still haven't heard anything about them, did you end up getting the truck?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts