Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
id put a 7 micron filter in stock housing and run it for 15,000. a fuel psi guage would be sweet

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Dude I probably run alot like you do and use the same types of fuel as well. Since my filter setup I made, I have changed mine quite often with the amount of miles I drive. I was running like 25K and change the 2 micron out then. But now that I have the guages mounted to watch the fuel pressure, I plan to change the filter when I start to see a change in the fuel pressure of 5-7 psi...

From the filters I have changed, I have cut them open to see just how bad nasty they were, was shocked to see that they are very clean. I doubt the filters would need to be changed even at 50K, unless you really just get a bad tank of fuel all at one time and from one certain place... Thats when the guages will show up the changes and I will just pull over and get a new filter from my tool box and R&R that sucker on the spot.

I think using the guages to change the filter and/or filters out now will save me money in the long run. Might be something to think about dude... Damn sure thing, a 40K $$$ pick-up should come with this sort of filter setup though. Screw that plastic thing on the motor. JIMO

·
Registered
882 Posts
Wow is that expensive!! I did the same thing but bought the filter heads from fleetfilter.com and for less than a $100 I got 2 heads and 3 of each filter.

·
Banned
706 Posts
Wow is that expensive!! I did the same thing but bought the filter heads from fleetfilter.com and for less than a $100 I got 2 heads and 3 of each filter.
Well maybe you should list the one's that are applicable for the 6.7 that you bought since they dont list it specifically on the site.:thumbsup

·
Registered
882 Posts
Well maybe you should list the one's that are applicable for the 6.7 that you bought since they dont list it specifically on the site.:thumbsup
2 Filter Heads, Filters, couple barb connectors, oh and a piece of angle iron. Assemble as needed. Its no different than the one sold above, its universal. Just you build it.

·
Banned
706 Posts
kewl pods, thats what I'm talkin bout! Time to do some filter'n.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts