1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,331 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input Danderson, I was looking to have under 2.5" of level in the front cause I want to try keep it as stock as possible without changing much But I will definitely look into it.

·
On call 24/7
12,393 Posts
Any of the metal spacers should be close in quality, just choose the cheapest one. If you want a nicer ride, Thuren has a 2" soft coil that I have ran on 3 different trucks now and the ride is much nicer than spacers. Ive got a set of 2" metal spacers in the garage I'll sell cheap

·
On call 24/7
12,393 Posts
They are used. I pulled them off in favor of the Thuren coils. $55 shipped
Pm me your number or email and ill get you some pics

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 2.5" Hell Bent Steel. Good quality and they're priced right. They are like 70 bucks and come in color if you're interested.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
best choice PERIOD....is a coil replacement.

this allows rates to change and improve ride.

Thuren offers a 2" which nets 2.75 on a 2 gen and settles to 2.5"

the important part is know the remaining geometry and what is about to happen...

either parts ARE worn or they WILL wear, and if just a coil or spacer is used....your front end is out of whack.

caster angles are incorrect, the track bar is too short and your axle is shifted to the left not to mention the control arm length now pulling the axle rearward and your shiney new tires hit the body and driver side control arm.

CALL CJC OFFROAD, THUREN, CARLI or the like. they can explain...TGC, sure they may say otherwise as they are looking to sell...the listed above, cares about ride and performance.

Reactions: KNOX

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks guys and 98whitelightnin i dont think ill get the spacers after knowing what it does to the front end but thanks anyway does anyone have anyone have any more info on the 2" coils?

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
what do you want to know....

there are options, but a 2.5 coil sits a 2 gen dead level in most cases.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
call paul at cjc...coil or spacer, front geometry doesnt change.

it will end up the same with both.

do it right the first time.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have a spacer lift on mine. It rides like a drunk dump truck.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
i have thuren coils (2") and bilstien 5100...floats like a cloud.

What is your end goal ? if it is superior ride quality with little offroad, Thuren coils and overland shocks.

Thuren fox is you can swing it. i had the 5100's or i would have swithed.

my 08 with carli 2.65, was a dream ride.

·
On call 24/7
12,393 Posts
I agree with the Thuren coils. I used his white body shocks before but I think these Carli signature series have a better ride. Depending on how much money you want to spend, Thuren just released some new King 2.0 shocks

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you want alignment that is perfect rather than somewhat close you'll need a new track bar and control arms and shocks in addition to the other parts mentioned. If you're ok with somewhat close alignment then just springs or spacers will do.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
that is poor advice, although that is what most give.

shops just want the sale, it is easy to achieve a stright driving vehicle...a properly aligned one is something far different

i went as far as to try a pitman that flipped the drag link, thinking since i converted to a 3rd gen trackbar (it looked dropped) it may help overall driving feel.

it did, but for the worse...the angles looked spot on with the exception of one detail...the draglink was slightly more parralel to the ground that what the trackbar was.

this caused the steering wheel to constantly move while driving, the steering was recieving all input first.

Aaron from Thuren spotted it instantly just from a quick pic of the setup. i returned to a stock pitman, adjusted the entire alignment to the thuren tech page...and all was golden.

·
Registered
313 Posts
that is poor advice, although that is what most give.

shops just want the sale, it is easy to achieve a stright driving vehicle...a properly aligned one is something far different

i went as far as to try a pitman that flipped the drag link, thinking since i converted to a 3rd gen trackbar (it looked dropped) it may help overall driving feel.

it did, but for the worse...the angles looked spot on with the exception of one detail...the draglink was slightly more parralel to the ground that what the trackbar was.

this caused the steering wheel to constantly move while driving, the steering was recieving all input first.

Aaron from Thuren spotted it instantly just from a quick pic of the setup. i returned to a stock pitman, adjusted the entire alignment to the thuren tech page...and all was golden.
Thanks for setting me and most others straight! I value your opinions from the platform of second gen dodge ram cummins expert that you speak from and others would be wise to do the same. How were you able to achieve such a high status amongst the community? You are my idol and my newest mentor! I accept your criticisms as free professional advice and I thank you for it! I strive to be as good as you and one day I will be...after I learn alot more about these trucks and of course how to be a douche. 😉

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Everyone thanks for your help im really leanin towards thuren coils now but when it comes to shocks i've always preferred rancho shocks would they be good and if so what model of shocks would fit it since its leveled 2.5" would these shocks work or would i have to get longer ones you can check the specs on their site then i also have this site where they have all types of shocks

http://www.gorancho.com/products/shock-absorbers/rs7000mt-shock-absorber/rancho-rs7000mt-monotube-shock-absorber-rs7044.html

http://www.gorancho.com/products/shock-absorbers/rs7000mt-shock-absorber/rancho-rs7000mt-monotube-shock-absorber-rs7269.html

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&inc_subcat=1&categories_id=1076&year_select=2002&make_select=620&model_select=8129&search_in_description=&sort=2d

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
never knew giving good advice warrant the scripture of being a douche....kids these days and there keyboard gun slinging skills.....

live and learn, when your sone fighting deathwobble, let us know your fixes.

been around straight axle trucks aince i could drive....cant recall any 4wd ifs trucks that i have owned.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts