Discussion Starter #1
2006 qclb gonna do a bds 2" level kit with kmc rockstars 20x8.5 10mm offset
tire Is a nitto trail grappler
had 305-70-17 terragrapplers on stock no issues whatsoever

Can someone enlighten me

·
Registered
237 Posts
+/- offset? If it is negative, your going to rub...bad. You may want to stick with 35s if your wanting the tires to stick out further from the wells (-offset). What backspacing?

·
Registered
237 Posts
That shouldn't be bad, you might have a little bit of rub, but not anything damaging.

·
Registered
165 Posts
my 35 tgrapps with 4.5 bs rub at full lock with a 2" level.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to nitto the 37x12.50x20 is like 12.99 tread width while the 35x12.50x20 is 13.6 I guess I'll get 1 tire mount it up and see

·
Registered
50 Posts
you're gonna tear your fender off>:shock:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gonna put the leveling kit on this weekend
then I'll mount a 37x12.50x20 and put it on a front and rear and take a pic

·
Registered
50 Posts
i wanna see pics:drool2:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
rub rub rub. i just did it man! exact same setup with nitto mud grappers and i almost ripped both fenders off..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well in that size the mud grapplers would be 37x13.50x20 making them over 14" wide in tread width, where as the trail grapplers in a 37x12.50x20 are 12.99" wide so thats .5" on either side of the tire extra clearance over the mud grappler
or i could do a 3" level kit

·
Registered
50 Posts
3" leveling kit will make it worse. it pulls the axle back towards the fender further. you might clear it with the 3" level and about an 1" longer control arms. then you'll be trimming the front bumper for no rub.

·
Registered
50 Posts
you said it. STOCK WHEELS. it makes a huge difference. i've run 37 12.50 on stock wheels with a 1" front lift. put them on h2's and about ripped my fenders off. only a 1/2" wider and 1/2"-3/4" less backspace. it's all about the wheels.

·
Registered
50 Posts
adjustable track bar will help some. you better just try it and let us know how it goes. when i had h2's, kore front springs, longer control arms, adjustable track bar, and 37 12.50 procomp xtreme a/t's the only thing i rubbed was the front plastic wheel well liner. i never tried it with the stock control arms. the wheels you're getting are going to fit very similar to h2's. you might just have to trim a little off the bottom of the fender. that's the best advice i've got for ya. i hope it works out though cause i'm thinking of going back to 37's w/ the kore springs and aftermarket wheels. i guess you get to be the guinea pig.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Heres a pic of my old truck with a leveling kit and 37's on 22's:

·
Registered
311 Posts
That looks sweet!!!

Reactions: cgmorgan06
1 - 19 of 19 Posts