Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
just curious as to what ratio you mix it or how much per tank? Thanks

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
I run just 16oz per fill up. I saw no difference running more and one of my stations I fill up at is B-???.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
I am going to give it a try this summer... Probably will be 1 qt per tank so thats 140:1..

·
Registered
588 Posts
Definately 1oz per gallon, i use wally world brand and no problems yet.

Read up on this, he really breaks it down and its VERY informative.

2 Cycle Oil

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
using one ounce per gallon is plenty (128:1) id stay away from synthetic and use a tcw-3 rated oil

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am very interested in doing this, Has anybody noticed any MPG or performence gains?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Hmmm... I just stumble across this thread...:lol3:

But I'm up to 21.7 to 23.3 MPG and still running 128:1 Ratio of 2 cycle oil. As with my other group I got on another forum they are seeing positive changes in Dodge's, Chevy's and Ford's...

If you do have a problem try the fail back ratio of 200:1 and that should fix you right up...
Failure Facts

Make sure you don't attempt to run 2 cycle oil in a 2007+ model years. They are designed for ULSD...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I want to try this. So if I fill the tank full( supp. 34 gal) I just pour say 30 oz. Into the tank? That easy?

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
I would pour the oil in first for the best mixing.

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
in tank mixing

I would pour the oil in first for the best mixing.
Figured I should get this in before everyone gets their undies in a bunch and get the thread closed.

The in-tank fuel lift pump should offer more than enough mixing before it gets to the injection pump.

·
Registered
764 Posts
dalton06, if you use this calculator i believe you only want to put in 21-22 oz.

Ratio Calculator

its a link from mopars:
Failure Facts
Thanks for the ratio calculator.:thumbsup
I was adding the 2 stroke, but not at every fill up-just too lazy to do the math & not keeping records of mpg-so every other tank I would add some.
And, now that I'm keeping an Excel log of MPG, I'll start up again and see if any improvement.:beer

·
Retired Engineer
557 Posts
Just do not run it if you are still using the DPF as it does clog up the filter in short order.
Otherwise it works great and does help the fuel economy.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Buy one of those mixing bottles for outboards...they are $2 at Wally world or boat shop and have various mix ratios and ox markings

1 - 19 of 19 Posts