Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i run 2 ounces every tank in my 02. buddy of mine wants to know if it will hurt his 04 common rail to run it like i do

·
Registered
180 Posts
No harm - I add 1/2 qt every fill on my 06.
John :T:

·
Registered
846 Posts
It seems people have had different results with it. I personally had ran it for a few thousand miles and all it seemed to do was DECREASE my mileage so I stopped useing it. I don't beleive it will hurt anything It just seems like some peoples trucks like it (3rd gen wise) and some trucks don't. If it helps yours I would say run it. But it didn't do anything for me.

I will be installing Fleetguard's new FS20000 filter setup shortly. It has a 5 micron Stratapore filter and a Lubricity additive INSIDE the filter so you don't need any additional lubricity adding fuel suppliments. Service life of this particular setup is 250 hrs or 6 months, so I'm going to give it a shot. :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
i lost mpg with 2 cycle oil mixed at 128:1. id tell him to give it a try and see what the results are with his system. most guys run 1 oz. per gallon (128:1) when i ran 16 oz per tank my mileage wasnt affected

·
Registered
290 Posts
I run a quart every fill-up and it doesn't affect my mileage. Some guys see an increase in mileage. I sure wish I was one of them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have had vary good luck runing 2-stroke oil,truck runs smoother and mpg.has went up from 18to 20mpg on the hwy.I run 16oz per fill up,I didnt see any diff. when using more than that .

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,432 Posts
I run a quart every fill up too, and havent noticed any change in mileage. It wont hurt his truck to give it a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts