Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for opinions and experience with these Top Gun Custom coils. They say that they are progressive rate and the spring rate is 5% over stock. I think the carli's are 6%?
Anyways they are a nice price and lift the amount I would like. I would be running them with Carli add a leaves in the back and bilstein 5100's all around.
I will be putting a trac bar and end links on with this setup as well.
It is between these coils and the carli's. $160 is quite a bit of difference though and will I notice it that much with these also being a progressive rate coil.
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
For those of you that may be interested. I purchased these coils, installed them with new end links and the mini pacs. The springs are definitely a lot softer then the stockers. When you put them side by side I thought I was sent the wrong spring as it was at least 4 inches higher then the stock spring. After putting them on and checking the height I would say it came out to the 2.5" they claimed.
Ride is much nicer, doesn't hit as hard like it used to. I wasn't expecting miracles out of a set of springs and I have experienced Carli springs. To me the change in ride isn't worth the extra cost of the Carli's for the type of driving that I do. These are doing the job just fine.

Reactions: Quad2nv

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm looking to replace some RC 5" coils and wondered how the TGC coils rode. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts