Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in the market for a 2/3rds twin kit to go with my HTT 62/71/14. I have looked at Source, Wicked, and E.D. I want to know if any one has used these kits and what they thought of them. I probably will be using a S400 under my turbo. I still need to drive everyday so i think a
S480 is a bit to big. There is no way im going with MPI, i can't justify spending more than 1k more than the other guys.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Shane at wicked

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did the install go, any issues?

·
Registered
213 Posts
havnt got it complete yet, heads gettin worked on but I mocked everything up befoore I took the head off and it was good, minor adjustments on a couple of things but that was excpected since he had to build it off the measurements I gave him

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I had both turbos, a 62 and a s400 so I used the rest of the parts from Rip a source. They fit good, no leaks and spool beautiful

·
Registered
562 Posts
Joel When ever you wanna go for a spin let me know. Its back togather

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joel When ever you wanna go for a spin let me know. Its back togather
That would be sweet, we do need to hook up. I need Karl to figure out my tranny. All this extra power and im in and out of lock up, its retarded.
Rip suggested the 480 as well. I think i could manage, i don't want to upgrade for a while.

·
Registered
562 Posts
My twin set up is very easy to spool. The spool up is way faster than the SB66 i had by a long Shot. I'd let Karl work his Magicon your tranny. He amazing with them things

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
I was talking to Nathan @ MPI about twins with the 480. He said itd spool pretty good. A stocker/S480 would spool a little slower than stock, but thats to be expected. A 62/480 would, in my opinion, be perfectly setup for daily drivig. I have no first hand knowledge, but I wouldnt think twice about it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts