Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
MI Chapter President
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally we are actually going to get some snow! I think total snowfall for the season is under 10" so far.... :doh:

another reason I need a backhoe and push box :$:

Accuweather.com forecast for Pittsford, MI 49271:

1/31/11 Evening:
Very cold with snow, accumulating 1-3 inches

2/1/11 Day:
Cloudy, breezy and cold with a bit of snow, accumulating up to an additional inch

Night:
Blizzard conditions with strong winds, low visibility and heavy snow, accumulating 1-2 feet

2/2/11 Morning:
Windy with snow, accumulating an additional 3-6 inches

TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP TUESDAY AFTERNOON...EXPANDING IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY TUESDAY EVENING. SNOW WILL CONTINUE INTO WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON...ENDING WEDNESDAY EVENING.
* MAIN IMPACT...HEAVY SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 12 TO 18 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE...WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS.
* OTHER IMPACTS...SUSTAINED WINDS OF 15 TO 30 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS WOULD SUPPORT WIDESPREAD BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW...HIGHLY IMPACTING TRAVEL.

·
Registered
699 Posts
whooo hoooo! looks like a bunch of hours of loader seat time are coming up!!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Our driveway is 1/2 mile long right through wide open field, with wind like that it's impossible to keep it from drifting over :doh: wish I had a cab on the tractor

·
MI Chapter President
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My hired hand hasnt had much experience on a tractor..... this could get interesting if I leave him alone :doh:

Fluids are all changed on the equipment and all seems ready to go to work :party018: The drifting snow will close up my road for sure!

·
I'm Here
208 Posts
Our driveway is 1/2 mile long right through wide open field, with wind like that it's impossible to keep it from drifting over :doh: wish I had a cab on the tractor
I'm sure babyfat can help you out with that :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I hope it dumps hard. But I am sure it will just wind up being a dusting.

·
Registered
441 Posts
we will probably get about 6in total! They are never even close to being right . I need that job they F-UP every storm and they still have their jobs

·
MI Chapter President
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope we get more than 6"! I've got a new toy to pay for :$: The trip to Byron Center Saturday was interesting!

any snow over 6" is a lot more fun to push around than 5" and under :banghead: Im getting tired of using the leaf blower to clear the sidewalks! :thud:

·
Driving around on Stilts
1,729 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it.
I hear people say the same thing about your projects.........how odd:confused013:

As for the snow, I would prefer that you guys get it and it stays dry and sunny here. Our "latest" forecast is calling for snowfall "in excess of 12"

Reactions: IC-Smoke

·
Premium Member
27,656 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Last edited by Slickdually; Today at 01:08 PM. Reason: Stopped at the store and stocked up on flexy drinking straws

I didn't know sippy cups had flexy straws :confused013:

:rof:rof

Reactions: BBRam

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
10,680 Posts
did anybody else get a text with a picture of Slick's new shirt over the weekend? :stirpot:

Have you got your stepladder out to wire up that plow yet Shorty?

·
Driving around on Stilts
1,729 Posts
Have you got your stepladder out to wire up that plow yet Shorty?
Changed my mind, while getting my flexy straw snorkels I noticed plastic picnic spoons were on sale, I now have a whole box of snowshovels:thumbsup:

STHU Brian :buttkick:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
well i'll be down there wednesday, so if any help is needed other than what is needed at my sis and bro in laws just let me know. i'll be down there probably till sunday maybe even longer but we shall see.

mayb a few of us can get together while i'm there, my bro in law needs to meet some of you guys since i don't think he has. brian knows where they live, maybe we could get a bonfire going one night or something.

maybe bbram could have a wrenching party since he is always breaking stuff :hehe:

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
10,680 Posts
Last edited by Slickdually; Today at 01:51 PM. Reason: Quit thanking him John....Ashley won't mind dead flowers will she? I got the beer!
They're still flowers aren't they? The only flowers I ever buy her are the ones that she has to plant in the ground :hehe:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts