Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 99 24v auto, going to have a rfesh rebuit trans with either a single billit or triple disck converter, have juice w attitude and smarty stacked on level 8, 22.5 would be comming off and stocker going on, i assume to put her in 4 low, and D? also what type of launch should i do and what level on the attitude? any suggestions thanks guys -scott:thumbsup

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about the edge , what leve lwould be safe , same with the smarty, and what about boost? or do i just start off with none? thanks -scott also traction bars are kinda expensive arnt they?

· I wanna go fast...
3,393 Posts
My advice, YES you will need bars before you hook to a sled. There are many ways to build your own, try searching for DIY bars on here...I have seen a few people do this for pretty cheap.:thumbsup

· Banned
1,252 Posts
hey scott, how are things going anyways with the trans? also is the sussex county fair having the truck sled pull this year do you know?? id like ot give it a try but last year missed it i think they had one

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey scott, how are things going anyways with the trans? also is the sussex county fair having the truck sled pull this year do you know?? id like ot give it a try but last year missed it i think they had one
let me know when and directions where, i might try make it there if i get my truck done by then,pm me an address if ya got one. thanks -scott

· Cummins CrAzY
1,396 Posts
4 low 2nd gear juice cranked all the way up, stand on the brakes give it some fuel and stall your converter as much it it will let you when you feel the tires startin to spin let off the brakes and give her hell!

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
trans wise...hmm lol got scammed for 2grand tryin to get a loan so i guess yo ucan say im stuck takin he cheap way out considering im just about broke, trans is gettin rebuilt as of now, just stock specs with line pressure up a little and a cheapp shift kit, only good thing is a bd triple disk convertor.

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
devil dog diesel,thanks !!thats the info i was lookin for ,as well as the traction bars, glad someone saved me from rippin out the suspension. whew

· THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,068 Posts
If you realy want to pull bad and dont have time for traction bars, I got a realy redneck way of making some that take 5 min, a chain and a binder. Works just the same but not as practical for DD!

· Cummins CrAzY
1,396 Posts
No problem buddy! Good luck! Also suspension blocks help a TON!

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you realy want to pull bad and dont have time for traction bars, I got a realy redneck way of making some that take 5 min, a chain and a binder. Works just the same but not as practical for DD!
haha thats a good one .might try n fab up a set in school. thanks -

ddd-how much of a pain is it to put blocks in n pull em out for DD?

· Cummins CrAzY
1,396 Posts
Easy as 2 bolts each side!

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok, well see how things go, after i get bars etc, do you think my tranny would be alright with a fresh rebuilt, with oem clutches, upgraded vb , silly shift kit and a bd tc?

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
got some a/t on now so hopefully ill make it out to the buck for hte last powerfest this season... will be workin on makin some bars up. well see how it goes !!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.