Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1st official Wyoming meet, sat 5/23 Evanston 1/8th mi

1K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  MoparProud 
#1 ·
As many of you know there is the upcoming 1/8mile event coming up in Evanston at the old Almy airport, Im bringin the grill and some burgers out so anybody that can make lets try and pull it together and do some racin! Races start at 10:00 so showing up early wouldnt hurt for inspection. If anyone has any questions at all dont hesitate to message me! Hope to see some people there! :thumbsup:

1. Giddyup5.9
2. Cudamills
3. Stokethis07 . . . you know you want too :lol4:

#2 · (Edited)
Ahh hell, if I dont have a job, Ill probably make it...

Ill bring the stickers so we can get em mailed out too:doh:

Whats the rules, like safety equipment and stuff? Need a helmet or anything like that?

If I go and bust my trans again, Im gonna be pi$$ed

#3 ·
no rules, they say it has to have a muffler, overflow catch bottle ect, but nothing that we cant get away with, thats leaning more towards the gasser cars, No helmets

#4 ·
this coming saturday huh, I might have the 12v together by then, if not I will come race the mega and meet you guys, might be able to bring a few other trucks also sounds like it will be fun, will have to okay it with the boss but count me in, were is the track at I have never been to evanston before :doh: and its only like an hour and a half away

#6 ·
you better at least still show up, do they have staging lights there, and record time so you get track slips or its it just heads up racing, i have never raced on a truck before with lights i am use to just hearing GO:lol4:

#9 ·
You better make it! The last time I seen your big 2 tone beast we didnt get any chance to let it loose! But im not really down for racing in town anyways haha.. too many tickets, but definatly try and make it, its memorial weekend and I got PLENTY of beer to buy and partys to hit

Anyone else interested on coming here is a link to the flyer

Drag race flyer

#11 ·
the 4 hr drive isnt bad, I still go to cheyenne just to chill with old friends every now and again but try and bring some of them easternern wyo guys with ya

#14 ·
WYO you need to come so you can get your stickers also, maybe take some back east with you to whoever wanted them over there, were banking on stoke_this so we can get them half ars distributed out

KMK, Races start at 11 and run to 5:30 or so, $20 to race, It probably wouldnt be a bad Idea to show up early so you can get good trailer parking and we can claim a corner and set up a gazebo and my big ole bbq, chairs ect, (if you have a couple extra camping chairs it wouldnt be a bad idea to bring some) its on a retired airstrip so its sorta small as far as parking goes so depending on the turnout we need to get us a spot where we can all hang out and set up shop.. weather is supposed to be nice so :thumbsup:

#15 ·
sounds good, I will be there fairly early I imagine, yep I am on itd and idp

#23 ·
Damn, the one time I think I can go I remember I have to work. Night shift too :sad2
well I might not make it know ran into some problems but I will keep everyone posted
Damn, where was everybody? I made it, actually had a blast. Probably seemed anti-social, cause I was mostly in line waiting to make another run and didnt really talk to anybody much!

Truck ran pretty good. Started with a 9.5 :doh: the only one I lost. Got out-treed by a longbed Mega...finally got down to an 8.86 @77.3. I think that equates to roughly a 13.8 or 13.9; not too bad I guess. Came close to busting my trans; got er boosted up and right before I left I saw it was at 35psi and backed off real quick.

Ill definately be at the next one. Doubt Ill have anything new done, but maybe I can get my r/t around .5/.6 instead of 1.3

Brennan, was nice to meet you. Truck is awesome man, looks better in person than pics :headbang: Maybe catch ya at the next one (June 20th?? I just happen to be off then!!)

#20 ·
Ehh...you dont need any sleep.

Ill TRY to make it. I got stuck on coil jobs this week, so I may have to work.

I got the truck running fairly good now. The ******* was throwing a P1749 code and cutting back on fuel. So basically I was running SW9 yet a stock truck probably coulda outrun me. Hopefully it knocks that shtuff off:banghead: and I really dont want to roll in a damn Toyota.

And it wasnt building hardly any boost after I got the trans working normal. Finally got it to go up to 20lbs, but it hits that and falls on its face. Have tomorrow off (maybe) so Ill play with it somemore.

Atleast my computer didnt break when I got mad and threw it. I was fairly impressed by that

#19 ·
well I might not make it know ran into some problems but I will keep everyone posted

#21 ·
Just race your mega and come on down!

Ehh...you dont need any sleep.

Ill TRY to make it. I got stuck on coil jobs this week, so I may have to work.

I got the truck running fairly good now. The ******* was throwing a P1749 code and cutting back on fuel. So basically I was running SW9 yet a stock truck probably coulda outrun me. Hopefully it knocks that shtuff off:banghead: and I really dont want to roll in a damn Toyota.

And it wasnt building hardly any boost after I got the trans working normal. Finally got it to go up to 20lbs, but it hits that and falls on its face. Have tomorrow off (maybe) so Ill play with it somemore.

Atleast my computer didnt break when I got mad and threw it. I was fairly impressed by that
You threw your computer haha.. I probably would too tho so I guess I cant be laughing, hopefully you two can make it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.