Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
well,when I m driving down the road the truck will stumble for a few seconds then I have throttle again,sometimes it does it a lot sometimes once or twice.Other people told me it was definatly the apps,so I changed it and it wasn't the problem.I have cleaned the map and IAT sensors,i have cleaned every connection I could get at.I have 19psi at idle and 16 at wot according to guage in truck,i hooked up a guage directly to the inj pump and have 14psi idle and 8 psi open throttle.I have no codes,i put on clear hose between pump and filter and no air bubbles,i am running out of hair.
Thank-you

·
Registered
413 Posts
Fuel filter plugged????

I would post your problems in the second gen section as you will likely get more attention than in here. Moncton Chrysler seems to lack any knowledge based on my one visit there. Shepp's Transmission is a real good bunch of guys but focused on trans issues. Honestly all my repairs (minus trans and rear diff) have been done on my own with info i picked up off of this forum.

·
Registered
42 Posts
New fuel filter,thought of that(thanks).
I will do that,i have posted on some of my other sites but don't seem to get much help,but I will try here.
Seems like it might be coming down to either inj pump or ECM,either way lots of cash to put out to maybe find out it isn't those either.But I guess that is what this things are about sometimes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
vp44

anybody know about "The Pump Guy" in Dieppe.any reviews on him and if he can bench test a vp44 or rebuild them.Or if there is any place else i can go to get one rebuilt tested or buy new at a reasonable not rapped price.
Thank-you

·
Registered
413 Posts
Never heard of the pump guy. You probably wont get much activity on this thread either lol. Pretty sure there are only a handful of maritimers on this forum!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks,i gave him a call and he doesn't fix them or test them,but he can get remans for $1300,but that doesn't have the upgraded electronics on the pump.So not interested.I will probably get one from where i have been getting all of the stuff for my trucks.Peak Diesel Performance in Langley BC.
Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi folks- I'm down in St. George. Running a '91.5 auto/flatbed as a plow truck. VE pump just crapped out. Looking for somebody willing to pull the old one and either fix it, or install a replacement. Closest I've found so far is Bangor, ME.

·
Registered
42 Posts
pump

Don't know if this will help you at all,but i have one from my 92 that has a 3200 govspring installed.mine is from a standerd but i am sure that it would work.Don't know what new/rebuilt ones are going for but if this interests you let me know i live in petitcodiac.They are not that hard to replace if you have some mechanical ability,I know it is on a plow truck and you probably want it up and running asap.
Thank-you
Lee

·
Registered
238 Posts
hi frank is your truck modified

·
Registered
238 Posts
thats nice to hear me i am mostly in 12 valves i own 6 of them

·
Registered
238 Posts
up north in charlo

·
Registered
238 Posts
do you mean the bracket between the frame and steering box if so i should have a few

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to the fprums, I'm from Moncton just got a new to me 2008 larime its my new toy although mods will be slow.....apparently house reno's are more important according to the wife lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello guys 1 time here
im from allardville,just got my 1 dodge diesel
2005 cumming 5.9l
but I have a problem when its on idle and I push the gaz the idle go up to 2000 rpm and stay there for about 10 sec and more and run like miss fire and its smell weird not like diesel do.
my cluster in the dash is broken the millage is not working is that could be the problem.
you can text me at 506-226-0941 from nb Canada tks you all for your time.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts