Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where would i look to find a twin turbo setup for my truck....or could i use one off of a 2nd gen truck????cause been looking but cant find one for the 1st gen cummins.... :peelout

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
You're probably not gonna find an off-the-shelf kit, or at least not an off-the-shelf kit that anybody bothers to advertise. If anybody would know about cross-compatibility it would be Piers.

I don't see what the difference would be between a 1st gen turbo kit and a 2nd gen turbo kit, though... I wouldn't think that clearances would be any different? First gens have a kind of funny frame, maybe the air conditioner gets in the way... You'd probably have to bend or bang on at least one pipe to get it to fit.

·
Registered
661 Posts
yea i deam about them all the time lol

·
Registered
661 Posts
diesel brad what do you have done to your truck?...fill out a sig

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here you go

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok give me a minute :peelout

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here is a pic of the truck without the bed on it we had to cut the bed to fit...and the bed was cut off a 72 ramcharger.. here ios a set of 63 inch chevy rear springs that we are going to put in the rear to replace the stock 48 inch springs.... good ol cummins........... :peelout

Reactions: moparbulldogger

·
Registered
8 Posts
does anyone know how much boost i can run? i just installed a dennyt fuel pin and am building about 31lbs of boost. i noticed 1 guy has arp studs do i need to do this?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Around 40psi I believe is when you need new head studs. At 35psi or so the stock turbo is being over spun. You can re-tourque the stock head studs though to make sure they are tight.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Assuming 1st gen motors have the same head clamping force as the p pump 12v's (I can't imagine why they wouldn't), 40 would be the earliest I'd start worrying about studs or fire rings. I have stock unretorqued bolts and gasket on mine, and I run 45-50 quite often. I've previously sprayed it with nitrous while running these boost levels, and my timing is up around 19. I may just be the luckiest guy on Earth, I dunno.

Remember that studs aren't the only option, there are upgraded bolts available for much less. They also clamp less than studs, but more than stock bolts. Might be a good compromise, especially if you're not trying to go much past 50 psi.

Reactions: cj95920
1 - 13 of 13 Posts