1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
963 Posts
Nice truck, definately seems like you need to get some more wheel speed and the rpms up more.. I can't give ya any advice though, cause I've never pulled before.. How much weight do you have hanging off the front??

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had 1000lbs for the 7,500lb class and 1,500lbs for 8,500lb class. The rear tires were barely on the ground with 1,500 hanging off the front. Yeah it needs the 4,000rpm spring, bigger injectors, and 14mm VE head. Money is short these days. Just glad it didn't break.

·
Registered
492 Posts
ata boy. any night you can drive your truck home from the pull is a good night

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Any night you can drive it off the track is a good night

I know all about hangin massive amounts of weight off the front, it kinda sucks manuvering around the pits in 2wd

In this vid I had 1500 on the front and 500 in the box
YouTube - Adams ne 08 90 dodge VE pump

·
Registered
33 Posts
What does you guys pyro look like at the end of a run? ryanihw350 How do you lke your SPS 66?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
When I was N/Ic my pyro is buryed 75 ft out of the hole

After I unhook it hangs around 600 for a few minutes

·
Registered
655 Posts
yeah i was wondering the same thing, how hot do you guys get??? and how long do you hold it past what you should? I am afraid of meltin er' down!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
If I had to guess how hot it actually gets I'd say 1900-2000, at my Adams hook the pyro needle was pointing at the wing window latch

I should probly just take the pyro out, Its not like I care how hot it gets, if I'm on a good hook I'm not gonna let out because I think its gettin too hot

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah before my II 66 Turbo my digital pyro cuts off at 2000 and it was flashing 2,000 degrees at me the whole time down the track. It shoudn't be enough time just those 50 seconds for the heat to soak in to hurt anything. With the 66 turbo it hits around 1,600 degrees now. The 66 is worth it, but you got to have the fuel and rpms to spool it. I need to turn it up to 4,000rpms now. You can see on video of 7,500lb class I got too high of a gear and barley kept the turbo spooled.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah I was wondering because I hooked with an hx 35 and burried mine about 75 to 100 feet out of the whole too and I just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. My pyro gauge pegs at 1500*. I bought an 01 for a daily driver and I'm gonna start pulling my 91 but first I need to invest in a dual disk. lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well i pulled 5 times last year with it at 1/4 turn from runaway south bend single disc and 6" stacks and she aint melted yet.:badidea::grd:

·
Registered
655 Posts
my pyro goes to 1800...hopefully it never hits that... so you can hold it past 1350 degrees for quite a while before it hurts anything??? I thought the pistons started to melt at 1350???

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They will if you let the heat soak in long enough. A pass down the track shouldn't let enough heat soak in.You look how many trucks that pull with much of that smoke and think about their egts. It may affect the durability a little though. I made 8 pulls last year pegging my pryro at 2,000 + degrees with stock HC-1. I would recomend upgrading the stock turbo though or running water/meth to keep the egts down.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I run an hx 35 for a while and that made quite a difference over the HC-1. But then I decided upgrade to the hx 35/40 and im not impressed to say the least. I thought it would help egt's as it did but not like I thought it would.

·
Registered
655 Posts
so about how long can you hold it past 1350 til it gets really serious? 10 seconds or how long? I do plan on getting an hx40 and a water/meth injection kit but I will only run water in it if i am running in the super stock class which i am aiming for.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well a pull last on adverage about 35 seconds + or -. No more than 50 I would have it above 1,300 degrees. I am no expert just from my pulling expierence.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I hooked 10 times last year and this is what my pistons look like when I had the head off this last winter

·
Registered
331 Posts
ryanihw.. nice truck

are you running the 3200 spring now? if not then you need to GET ONE NOW.

also, if you get the 4000 spring then you'll need to get 60#lb valve springs or you'll float em at that high of rpm. a 12mm ve pump will not fuel past 3500 so a 14mm would be necesary like you said.... then the 14mm pump will need tons of fuel to it and bigger injectors to lower pressure.. soo yea your right $$$$$$ LOL :D

also, what lift pump setup are you running now? if your stock, then that could be a BIG weak link. :D nice pulls

1 - 20 of 22 Posts