Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 993 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Baddest First Gen

Hey guys I'm new here and i was wondering if you guys could post some picks of the nicest 1st gens you can find,I'm lookin to build a pullin truck out of one and lookin for ideas.(that's why I'm here)I'm experienced alot more with *cough cough* duramax's and powerjokes in pickups but I know the cummins kinda good too (look at tractor closely:w:) any help and suggestions would be appreciated:thumbsup

·
Registered
44 Posts
if ur looking to buy 1 theres a nice 93 ram250 on dieseltruckresource...its red...my buddy used to own it...its a well put togeather truck..no rust what so ever of it

·
Registered
435 Posts
Is that a Case is your avatar. I think it is but its so small I cant tell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
International 656 or it was anyway, thanks for the tip i'm havin a real hard time findin one, i don't care what kinda shape it's in now, i just need to find one!

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah its located in ohio tho but its a badass truck.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi all, Ive been searching this site all morning and have yet to seen a picture thread. The point of this is Im about to buy a 1990 single cab 4x4 and was wondering what all of yalls rigs looked liked, so id you would post them. Thanks:w:

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
here are some pics of my 93 cummins. it has 7" stacks and some pump mods.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Heres a new pic of my ride

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
Click on the "truck pictures" under the members name. You can also go to the top toolbar and click on "garage"

Then start looking at trucks.

Click on the truck pics below my name to see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
661 Posts
what numbers are you making on the dyno? and what times on the track

·
Registered
661 Posts
whoops i meant to say paccool

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
I'm in the 425 HP range and one of my Dyno runs about a year ago had a torque of 1080. This was a verbal number only and I do not have a sheet to back it up. They were having problems with the dyno so that number is a little in doubt.

My goal was to get to 1000# of torque at the lowest HP.

Right now the truck is Detuned and the big injectors are back out and in the bo and I have the 185's in for better economy and lower heat when towing the travel trailer. I had Stomps injectors installed, the ones he made 680 HP with a few years ago. I now have a set of New Era 435's as well as a modified set of DDP stage 4's to play with.

The auto tranny makes things seem a bit soft, just doesn't transfer the power the way a manual tranny does.

Track times? - slow. I am having problems with the top end falling off. I put in a piston pump but can still drop the fuel pressure to about 5 PSI at full throttle with the big injectors. I am in the very high 14's and only 89 MPH.

With 60+ psi of boost, the truck should pull better on the top end than it does.

·
Registered
536 Posts
thats some good numbers for a auto PAC. hope you figure out something for the fuel supply

anyways back on track for the thread heres some pics of my rig

and here is its twin

my brothers 93

G

·
I had the chance to get one of those in a 12 Valve Crew Cab and blew it. I'll bet that was a rare one too. Live and learn

Paccool. . .Love the color of your truck. My 92 looked like that in a 4 By

Steve

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts

heres my 91. the strobe is gone now, and the service body only has a few years left.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
5.9 fan is that a town truck? Whats the sticker on the door?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
hey man if you do not mind me asking where did you get your stack kit at?
just about any sponsor should be able to hook you up:thumbsup

·
Registered
586 Posts
Here is my '93!

Not bad for a '93!!:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 993 Posts