Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1st gen mirrors

1250 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  PPDMostWanted
is there a way to tighten them up so they dont move as much or as easily?

mine had the problem last summer then it went away and now its back
what it is, is that my driver mirror moves vey easily and so it moves in every time i shut my door and before it would also slowly move in when i got going over 45
idk if it does that tho since i havent gone over 35 today

so how do i tighten up my mirrors?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
2,151 Posts
I'm assuming you mean the entire mirror assembly swings in toward the truck. Mine did this just driving down the road.

Take the screw out of the bottom of the trim piece on the door. Slide the trim up the mirror arm. You will see a clamp setup that holds the arm in place. Snug up the clamp and the mirrors should stay in place. This is what I did to mine, not sure if all the mirrors are set up the same on our trucks.

Link to my pics that shows the mirror- http://www.cumminsforum.com/gallery/data//500/MVC-376F.JPG

Anyone else have any suggestions?

· Registered
94 Posts
In addition to snugging up the clamps, I just put a bead of adhesive around the mirror arm where it goes in to the clamp. They don't move now. This is more permanent, however. If I ever need to move them for some reason I will have to remove the adhesive with a box cutter or something.

· Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks a ton guys:thumbsup:

· Registered
9 Posts
i once used the beady foam type stuff used for lining tool box drawers. it was sticky enough to hold when tightened down.

· Registered
427 Posts
BETTER YET!, just cut a piece of old bicycle tube and place the rubber between the metal. Take the chrome cover off. You'll know what I mean. You don't have to strip the screws, use glue and it is FREE!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.