Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ? Bout the 1st gen dodge diesel 89-93 iv heard over and over that the injectors are bigger in the non intercooled than they are in a intercooled. Is it true? I'm making a 90 model non intercool motor into a 91 intercooled and I have pump mods done to the inj pump I'm puting on. Will the injectors help me in any way?

Thanks. Brad Moon

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Which head are you using? non-ic injectors won't fit in a ic'd head.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just putting my hc1 turbo and injector pump off of my ic on a non-ic motor. I knew they were bigger and wouldn't fit in other head but I've heard they may be bigger as in addin lil more fuel than the ic motor inj?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
ic'd inj - 6x.009" = .000380" total cross sectional area

non ic inj - 4x.013 = .000531 ( larger than ic inj)

Yes they flow more fuel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So they will actually will be better and might make it have lil more hp gain? Or is it not so much to tell? I have stare wheel all the way and smoke screw all the way and pump is barely turned up and advanced 1/8in and I ground down the fuel pin?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
yea they'll make more power. you can make 350+hp with them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Realy? I haven't put truck on dyno yet so idk wat it makes now I'm guessing with wat I have done its round 300 but it got hot on me when I wrecked it and think it messed up a pistion it has lots of blowby and oil going straight out the exhaust. So I bought a whole truck with a non-ic motor and I'm puting it in my truck and making it a ic'd motor

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
You should keep the non ic'd ip
just switch the thermostat housing and throw it in
ch

·
Registered
916 Posts
i would transfer the intercooler to the 90 best of both that way

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would keep the ip on it but its pouring diesel out of it and idk were so I going to use my pump it has mods done to it anyway and idk anything bout the other ip. The truck I bought is just a parts truck I've already robbed the rearend out of it and put under mine and its in a lot worse shape than my truck and they have ruined the wireing in it to so I'm just usin it for parts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts