Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im doing a full resoration on my truck and thought you all would like to see pics and progress. Just a little info on the truck. I had this truck given to me about 6 months ago because an old lady did not want to see it layin around on her property any more so i went up there and pulled it out of the woods. I drove it for about 3 months and during that time the front cab mounts rotted completly off so the cab was sitting on the tranny and frame so i decided to bring it in and do a restoration. I think i have decided that im goin to paint it black when all is done. Let me know what you guys think. Images will be updated regularly.

Heres what it looked like when i got the truck and cleaned it up a little and put the stacks on it.

Tear down

Driver side floor

Passenger Side Floor

Bed coming off

Cab Off

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fixing passenger side cab mount

Passenger Side Rocker

·
Sweatin to the oldies
2,221 Posts
That sucks man... I had to put new floor pans in mine, but the frame wasn't rusted up like that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah good old new york state rust got to this truck pretty bad

·
Registered
162 Posts
my cab mounts and floor pans are almost gone too. i will be doing a cab swap instead of repairing. good luck man

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i wish i could find a donor truck that i could grab a cab off of. Its alot of work fixing it

·
Registered
162 Posts
i found mine at a local junkyard. and the price wasn't all that bad for it either. you could check there

·
Registered
219 Posts
that looks alot like the shape my truck was in!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey, did you find repair panels for the rockers under the door? or are you gonna make them? I'm going to replace/fix mine soon, the pass side looks about like yours did

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
smoke trail - yeah ive been looking at junkyards and i cant not find any cabs anywhere. i have actually ordered parts from them

diesel drinker - greene new york, its above binghamton

rckbndr - no i couldnt find them. i had to make them. they were not to bad. ill take some pics of it soon. i have the right side pretty much done so pics will be up soon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you can buy the rocker panels but you can not buy the inner rocker panels.

·
Registered
191 Posts
smoke trail - yeah ive been looking at junkyards and i cant not find any cabs anywhere. i have actually ordered parts from them

diesel drinker - greene new york, its above binghamton

rckbndr - no i couldnt find them. i had to make them. they were not to bad. ill take some pics of it soon. i have the right side pretty much done so pics will be up soon.
Go onto the NY chapter forum and introduce yourself! we dont have many New Yorkians on this forum so we need all the people we can get :thumbsup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All right sounds good ill do that

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
cant wait to see it done, im looking to do mine but not looking forward to taking my truck apart.
like the current paint thou.
ch

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the red

I have a truck identical to yours but it is solid white. I have to say I really like the color combination of your truck. It really sticks out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. yeah im trying to figure out what color to paint it. I was thinkin about painting it a black metallic and keep the silver stripe down the side but make it a darker silver with the black so its sorta hidden if you know what i mean. What do you guys think for a color though?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks. yeah im trying to figure out what color to paint it. I was thinkin about painting it a black metallic and keep the silver stripe down the side but make it a darker silver with the black so its sorta hidden if you know what i mean. What do you guys think for a color though?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
If you paint it red the color code should be PE4 (mine was) and it's called Colorado Red.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts