Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It finally happened to me on the way out of the base last night. I've got about 9500 miles on it. I've got no way of checking to see what code it's throwing so I'm gonna try to get it to the dealer Monday.

·
Registered
733 Posts
you can check your codes by turning the key on and off 3 times and the code will appear where your mileage shows.

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
It finally happened to me on the way out of the base last night. I've got about 9500 miles on it. I've got no way of checking to see what code it's throwing so I'm gonna try to get it to the dealer Monday.
Welcome to the club. I hope it is nothing serious. I've had 5 CELs under 5000mi. on mine. I've been running the EB all the time, hopefully that will remedy my emissions CELs. We'll see...yeah you can see the codes by, getting in close the door, insert the key and turn to the on position 3 times fast (do not start) leave in the on position on the 3rd time. it will display your codes and then say DONE. when there are no more codes. let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
316 Posts
After the AX flash my the key trick doesn't work very well to display codes. Sometimes it will display it only for 1 or 2 seconds on the first try. Further tries do not display codes despite the CEL still being present. The dealers Starscan pulls up the code (P2000/P20a1) last time in.

This should be moved to 6.7L power train?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cel Fm

All,

Thanks for the info!

Now it has disappeared. It stayed on for the next 4 times I started the engine. When I left IHOP this morning after breakfeast, it cleared itself upon start up. I have since started it several more times and it remains clear.

On a completely different note, if you're a meat lover, I highly recommend the Colorado Omelette at IHOP!!! That thing is enough to feed a family of 6 in most third world countries!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts