Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
mirrors are mirrors. if im goin to spend $250 on something for my truck it would be preformence wise. Now i am also looking for some towing mirrors myself but it all depends if u need them for haulin or u just want them. i dont see the need for power mirrors if u just want them. u can find some manual mirrors on ebay for $100 maybe $120 cheaper on ebay. check those out... its all about what u want vs what u need but its your money. this is just my opinion

·
Registered
724 Posts
I bought these in the power heated version. I also bought the brackets from the dodge dealer (do a search for the p/n). Together it was <1 hr to get them both on. THey work great (heater is not as good as stock, but still works). I recommend them!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I got mine from this place on ebay linked below. Mine were the heated, because I have a 98 and the plug is different. This pair below are the exactly same as the original post, but cheaper. They shipped fast and even the automated email receipt was very pleasant.

They installed fine with the Mopar brackets (bought separately) and have no more vibration than my stock small mirrors.

1994-1997 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 Power Towing Mirrors Pair - eBay (item 130477952725 end time Feb-20-11 11:56:13 PST)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got them on my truck and there great. 1a auto has good stuff.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just put the 1A Auto mirrors on my 94 last week. I bought the power ones minus the heat. They came with instructions and on them they list the part numbers of the brackets you need to get from your local dealer. Go on easy and I havent notice that much vibration. I recommend them!

Steve

·
Registered
368 Posts
I bought these in the power heated version. I also bought the brackets from the dodge dealer (do a search for the p/n). I recommend them!
Exact same thing I did and the work and look great. I get very little vibration out of the (no more then the factory ones did.)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
GO to discountautomirrows.com and just seach youll find them. I payed 150 for both mirrors and they were heated and electric.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
mirrors are mirrors. if im goin to spend $250 on something for my truck it would be preformence wise. Now i am also looking for some towing mirrors myself but it all depends if u need them for haulin or u just want them. i dont see the need for power mirrors if u just want them. u can find some manual mirrors on ebay for $100 maybe $120 cheaper on ebay. check those out... its all about what u want vs what u need but its your money. this is just my opinion
actually some of the cheaper ones tend to vibrate down the highway.....

I have the 1aauto ones only cause i have found nothing negative about them. i heard some being have vibration problems with the kool vue. supposly some vibrate so bad you cant see the cars behind you.

I like that 1aauto ones and have had no problems. easy install with the brackets.

some manual mirrors tend to vibrate and move down the road. i know the new chevy ones on the ambulance we have do that all the time. so they changed them all to power and had no problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts