Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

19ME Facts on my truck

2533 Views 43 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  tob_e
I have run 14,15,18 & 19 and maybe some more tunes on my truck and I will have to say 19 is by far the best (on my truck) yet. I pull a 5th wheel a lot it weights about 13000 lbs. 14 ran good & fuel mileage was very good but the timing rattle was so bad that I found myself letting off the fuel going uphill and this was on SW1 all default. On 19 ME I have no timing rattle at all the engine runs smoother then it did before the deletes or on 14ME.

For my use I can find nothing wrong with 19 except fuel mileage is just a little less maybe hard to tell with all the rain,snow & cold we have had around here.

Last tank was 523 miles,26.068 gal. = 20.06 mpg. This was 490 miles of Interstate & 33 miles of city an 2 lane roads with stop lights. Speeds were 60 to 70 on Interstate just running with the slower traffic.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't tell you that I only run it about a week 18 seemed to run good but there was a lot of dislike from the guys running the big tunes & high horsepower.I only run the lower tunes.
I run the Smarty to to get rid of the regens and the egr and stay away from the service bay and that it does.

Jerry

· Registered
3,516 Posts
you need t read between the lines, sw1 is more timing only, so more rattle, use the evens and play with timing, then you have enough fuel to stop the rattle

· Registered
5,315 Posts
Not like mine did on 14. Ill lose a little MPG to stop that timing rattle. I really like 19. Its going to have to take some pretty rave reviews on 20 to make me switch.

3,313 Posts
i havent ran 19, im on 18 but if its not a real power or extremely strong mpg increase i wont switch ill wait till they make a lope tune or something

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been driving,working on & supervising work on big rig diesels since 1966 and beleave me the timing rattle that 14ME had (on my truck) is not the way diesel engines are suppose to sound. It was more of a timing knock

· Registered
678 Posts
I've been running 19 for a few tanks. I'm now on SW3, TM4, everything else default. I have a very mild bit of timing rattle when I put my foot into it, but my mileage has vastly improved by upping the TM to 4 from default. I still have no real use for the PODS feature, as I can modulate the power with my right foot. For me, 19 is okay, but there's still something about it that doesn't feel quite right. Personally, I liked 12ME a lot, but there's no going back I guess...SC

· Registered
5,521 Posts
I've been running 19 for a few tanks. I'm now on SW3, TM4, everything else default. I have a very mild bit of timing rattle when I put my foot into it, but my mileage has vastly improved by upping the TM to 4 from default. I still have no real use for the PODS feature, as I can modulate the power with my right foot. For me, 19 is okay, but there's still something about it that doesn't feel quite right. Personally, I liked 12ME a lot, but there's no going back I guess...SC
Thats what you think:hehe: I have the recovery software and all you need is to get someone to send you 12:thumbsup:

· Premium Member
1,887 Posts
I have 12 if you want it.

· Registered
678 Posts
I've got both. I was under the impression the recovery would only allow you to go back to 14...Sweet!...SC

· Registered
5,521 Posts
I've got both. I was under the impression the recovery would only allow you to go back to 14...Sweet!...SC
:hehe: No body wanted to go back until the infamous 18ME. Then everyone wanted the sanctity of 14.

· Registered
678 Posts
14 ain't far back enough...I'm going to 12!...SC

· Registered
678 Posts
So I flashed back to 12me, but I noticed something odd. It looks like my ECM flash level is now at AF. That's awfully far back. I reloaded 14me onto the Smarty, but it's still reading AF. Very strange stuff...SC

· Registered
5,521 Posts
Evidently the change from 12-14 was to add features not to deal with a chrysler update:confused013: How did you find out what flash the ecm was?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.