Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i raced a 2008 cummins we both had echaust and chip but i walked away from a dead stop and 60 mph take off. and was getting 28 mpg the whole time. why is the new cummins so slow.

Also, not stir duramac rivalry but my stock 2008 duramax out ran it in a heartbeat. it is the fastest stock diesel i have drove or seen.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
ummm not gonna step on anyone's toes here... BUT I hada 97 with lots of go fast goodies on it... and it would out pull my 06 any day of the week but on a drag race the 06 would kill it.... maybe the driver of the 08? and i have raced buddies before with 00-02 with just edge with attitude on both trucks and walked away from both of them.. and i know the 6.7's were faster then my 06 stock to stock... im gonna put my flame suit on from the 2nd gen guys here....

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wont drive 03+ i blew my 2006 cummins while drive down the highway. i had the tach set on 1600 cruising and it came unglued.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
umm ok not doubting you but was the truck stock??? i have just never heard of a cummins just cruising and just going unglued

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
valve seat broke off and went through the turbo. i am dead serious, 4 inch straight pipe, and intake. i put a little oil in and the rest of the tank was jet fuel.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
:w::w::w: just waiting for someone else to chime in here with me.... I think we would all like to know your secret to your 28mpg was this hand calculated or overhead reading?

·
Go for Broke
6,699 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i forget how many miles i drove but i used a calculator, know over head console.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would love to put my 6.7 next to yours and run em. All I can say is bye bye!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it would be a good race

·
Registered
590 Posts
Have a buddy with the new 08 stock, and one with an 01 w/ edge with attitude up all the way, intake, exhaust, and 01 had maybe a truck length to 80.

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
I am gonna go ahead and call BS on 28 mpg hand calculated with the mods that are listed

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
its ok I call BS on all of it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
yeah i think the screen that read your mpg is missing a point 2.8 that might sound more realistic

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
:rant:The 6.7 was probably in limp mode or he would have stomped you especially with a chip on it, also what was the chip setting on auto or manual, ya the dmaxs are fast but the last two dmaxs at the truck pull i was at couldnt even get the sled to move it was a little sticky and if you dont believe me I have a vid of one. Just like stated before come pull up next to mine and see what happens I even have a manual with stock clutch and 28 mpg while doing this means you got to be over 40 normal. If your over head says 28 then you pin it and it drops to 27 you did not get 27 mpg while raceing thats the average of all not just what you are doing at the time

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
against the duramax or cummins

1 - 20 of 65 Posts